Panoramic sunroof shade derailed

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
CupraV3

Post by CupraV3 »

Hi All,

I’m thinking this is going to need a service visit but never heard of it happening before. Maybe because the panoramic roof is an extra and not too common.

Anyway I swiped the button to slide the shade from closed > open when I heard a crinkling noise. When I looked up, instead of the shade being rolled away inside the roof lining neatly, it was starting to gather and bunch up on itself. because of this it was also starting to hang down. I quickly sent the shade back to the closed position which has pulled it back tight again, however the sides of each shade are loose and have clearly pulled away from whatever normally grips them in place.

I like to resolve things myself where I can, but I have a disturbing feeling I am going to need to book it in to have the inner roof lining removed to fix the fault.

Anyone heard of this before?
Cupra Born | V3 | Aurora Blue | e-Boost | 20" 'Blizzard' Wheels | Panoramic Roof | Easee One Charging Robot

SabreDentist

Post by SabreDentist »

I've not heard of this happening on the Born, but it is quite common on some older models of Mercedes - usually the result of inadequate lubrication which causes the flimsy plastic runners to break off from the shade itself. We repaired heaps of them at the dealership I used to work at. Definitely worth returning to dealer as it is one of those jobs that can go horribly wrong if you haven't stepped through it before.