Too many Aussies are barely enough!

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
Boinzo

Post by Boinzo »

Hello! Have a Geyser Silver Born due for delivery in September here in SE Queensland, Oz.
Looking forward to learning heaps from the forum.
Cheers!

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome to the forum.
Plenty of knowledge here in the forum so when you are ready fire away.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
wcabes

Post by wcabes »

Hi All! I ordered one this week (went for the Aura Blue) which I should have in October, that makes two of them in South East Queensland (Sunshine Coast for me)! Annoying I have to drive to Indooroopilly for a service.
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

wcabes wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:23 am Hi All! I ordered one this week (went for the Aura Blue) which I should have in October, that makes two of them in South East Queensland (Sunshine Coast for me)! Annoying I have to drive to Indooroopilly for a service.
I'm waiting on similar, although I ordered in June, so I'd take the October estimate with a grain of salt tbh.
Aussie Owners review of the Born 2023
https://youtu.be/2tMEUtKVnOg
rusty-away

Post by rusty-away »

Hi
Rusty from Northampton in Western Australia. I picked up my new born last Tuesday. Just two weeks from ordering to delivery! I went for the Arctic White and it looks sensational. For my trip home the dealership pumped up the battery to 100% for me and I stopped once at Lancelin (130km into my trip) and poked 18.5kW into it (took it up to 95% SOC). That got me home (489km total for the trip) with 100km to spare.

Loving the car so far, but finding the haptic controls on the steering wheel a bit troublesome. I have already clocked up 1000km in 6 days and I thoroughly enjoy driving the car - which is something I haven't done for a while.

I had a Victron EV charger installed at home and the sparkies came around on the same Tuesday that I picked up the vehicle, so I was able to charge it when I got home. I have a 15kW off-grid solar system, so I won't have to pay to recharge at home, at least. Worst case, there is a DC fast charger just 300 metres down the road from me, so I can plug the Born in down there, walk home for a cuppa and by the time I get back it will be charged.

It's nice to join a forum that is specific to the make and model. Thanks, everyone.

Rusty
wcabes

Post by wcabes »

tuppaware wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:41 am
wcabes wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:23 am Hi All! I ordered one this week (went for the Aura Blue) which I should have in October, that makes two of them in South East Queensland (Sunshine Coast for me)! Annoying I have to drive to Indooroopilly for a service.
I'm waiting on similar, although I ordered in June, so I'd take the October estimate with a grain of salt tbh.
Errrr, that is annoying! Hope I don't have to wait too long. You order from Indooroopilly?
wcabes

Post by wcabes »

rusty-away wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:46 pm Hi
Rusty from Northampton in Western Australia. I picked up my new born last Tuesday. Just two weeks from ordering to delivery! I went for the Arctic White and it looks sensational. For my trip home the dealership pumped up the battery to 100% for me and I stopped once at Lancelin (130km into my trip) and poked 18.5kW into it (took it up to 95% SOC). That got me home (489km total for the trip) with 100km to spare.

Loving the car so far, but finding the haptic controls on the steering wheel a bit troublesome. I have already clocked up 1000km in 6 days and I thoroughly enjoy driving the car - which is something I haven't done for a while.

I had a Victron EV charger installed at home and the sparkies came around on the same Tuesday that I picked up the vehicle, so I was able to charge it when I got home. I have a 15kW off-grid solar system, so I won't have to pay to recharge at home, at least. Worst case, there is a DC fast charger just 300 metres down the road from me, so I can plug the Born in down there, walk home for a cuppa and by the time I get back it will be charged.

It's nice to join a forum that is specific to the make and model. Thanks, everyone.

Rusty
Good to know, I am finding it has taken alot more research and planning, especially to get the most efficiency out of the charging. Sounds like you have a good setup.
tuppaware

Post by tuppaware »

wcabes wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:53 pm Errrr, that is annoying! Hope I don't have to wait too long. You order from Indooroopilly?
I did 😅, I think generally their ETA's dont include shipping and customs delays from port.
Aussie Owners review of the Born 2023
https://youtu.be/2tMEUtKVnOg
wcabes

Post by wcabes »

tuppaware wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:06 am
wcabes wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:53 pm Errrr, that is annoying! Hope I don't have to wait too long. You order from Indooroopilly?
I did 😅, I think generally their ETA's dont include shipping and customs delays from port.
Well all I can hope is there is a big shipment coming all at once. I already have a VIN for mine, which seemed odd, thought that might mean it is in Australia. Not sure though.
Boinzo

Post by Boinzo »

If you’ve got a VIN you can probs track the ship here:
https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/my-cargo

Indro Cuppa gave me the link. My car is on the Hoegh London - currently sitting off the Sunny Coast and due into Brisbane today. I’d say there’s a few Born’s on there!
wcabes wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:09 pm
tuppaware wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:06 am
Well all I can hope is there is a big shipment coming all at once. I already have a VIN for mine, which seemed odd, thought that might mean it is in Australia. Not sure though.