Odd noise from driver footwell. Does your have it?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

Mine makes this quiet but a little irritating noise from what I think is the driver side footwell - although I'm well aware sounds can come from very different places than you think. My missus thought it was from the boot space, but that seems very wrong to me. It sounds like it's to do with the GO pedal but it still makes the noise when I'm not touching it. Hard to describe, sounds a bit like bubbling or popping but I don't believe it is fluid, just trying to describe the sound. It isn't continous, so a little like a rattle but different sound. It happens every drive without fail.

So, does yours make a similar sound, or perhaps you've had it looked at? Mine is likely at the dealers soon to get the various recall checks done so I was going to mention it then, be helpful if anyone else has prior experience...Thanks.

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

No noises like that that I have detected.
My only annoying noise is a kind of click from the rear brakes as you come to a stop.
Going to mention that when it goes in for its recalls early September.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

My brakes are embarrassing when I come to a halt, garage states it's normal. Nasty squeaky binding sound. Others the same?
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Sometimes I get that groaning noise from the brake discs but it's honestly no where near as bad as the same noise from my old Z4 brakes as I creep out of my drive. That really causes me to grimace.
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
CupraCool

Post by CupraCool »

OK. I'll say it.... only noise from my passenger side is the passenger.

Brakes.... squeal is awful. Why is that? Side question, what is the pads life like? This is one heavy car and I use those pads alot.

Bubbling.... only thought is air conditioning? Or battery cell number 1324432 letting go :D

Drivers seat belt buckle receiver rubs on the seat and squeaks. I have to bend it away from the seat each time I get in.

Oh, and the only other noise most trips is me swearing at at the screen when it take 45 seconds to boot up or stutter it's way through the menu :?
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

CupraCool wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:12 am OK. I'll say it.... only noise from my passenger side is the passenger.

Brakes.... squeal is awful. Why is that? Side question, what is the pads life like? This is one heavy car and I use those pads alot.

Bubbling.... only thought is air conditioning? Or battery cell number 1324432 letting go :D

Drivers seat belt buckle receiver rubs on the seat and squeaks. I have to bend it away from the seat each time I get in.

Oh, and the only other noise most trips is me swearing at at the screen when it take 45 seconds to boot up or stutter it's way through the menu :?
🤣
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

CupraCool wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:12 am OK. I'll say it.... only noise from my passenger side is the passenger.

The squeal is apparently from the rear drums, the dealer advised it's a known 'feature' and that new models may have a design update to resolve it one day. In short, we're stuck with it. You may find you aren't using the pads as much as you think though, provided you switch to B mode (which you have to do every.single.time) you drive.

Bubbling is trying to describe the sound, I'm sure it isn't a liquid but it doesn't sound like a normal knocking. I'll ask when it's next in.

Seat buckle - easy fix, eat more cake then your wider body will push the buckle further out?

The infoirritainment system - 100%. It's back to telling me to apply new settings nearly every drive, fails to remember any settings I actually want it to retain like the B mode above, or disabling lane assist - I know this isn't standard functionality but FFS it isn't difficult to implement. Oh, and making me press OK every.single.time I get in or dare lift my arse off the seat for a moment. Did anyone in Spain/Germany do any actual user feedback testing with this thing? Don't answer - clearly they didn't.
CupraCool

Post by CupraCool »

I fixed the infuriatting system by getting an update at the dealer a few months back. I basically insisted, as it was updating literally every drive, sometimes 4 or 5 times in the same trip.

Laughably, I collected it and he said all done, then 'Update available' popped up on the screen as I left the forecourt :roll:

But, that appears to have been the last one for many months.

I disconnected all the WiFi and binned the app too.... totally useless.

But, the infolagfest screen is still pretty bad. It's just so annoying when you are in a hurry, it seems to lag that extra little bit.

Working on a solution to stop it losing all the settings when I get out as well. What a retarded feature.