V1/V2 Query

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Melbot

Post by Melbot »

Hi! I've just purchased what is listed as a V1 from a used car dealer. The car definitely has 19" wheels, and I'm sure this option is only available on a V2. The dealer has little experience with the brand, so have I dropped lucky with this. I know the V2 has a HUD; during the test drive this wasn't visible, does it have to be activated before being driven? It also had wireless charging which wasn't listed in the specs!

TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Melbot wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:32 am Hi! I've just purchased what is listed as a V1 from a used car dealer. The car definitely has 19" wheels, and I'm sure this option is only available on a V2. The dealer has little experience with the brand, so have I dropped lucky with this. I know the V2 has a HUD; during the test drive this wasn't visible, does it have to be activated before being driven? It also had wireless charging which wasn't listed in the specs!
There are V1 cars with typhoon alloys. I’ve got one. They were factory stock orders. You could never order one like it but the factory made them for dealership stock. They normally have tech pack L or M included too (wireless phone charging, keyless entry, reversing camera and can park themselves).

If you could not see the HUD is a V1, they don’t pop up they are visible on the windscreen. Another way to tell is the rear windows aren’t tinted.

Other than the lack of HUD the V1 with the tech pack L has more features than the V2 does as standard plus you get the nice wheels on the factory stock ones.
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Another V1 with 19" Typhoons here.

As above, easiest way to spot a V2 from a V1 apart from wheels is the rear window tints.
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
shayster20@gmail.com

Post by shayster20@gmail.com »

V1 doesn’t have heated seats and can’t be added as an option , as previously stated some early V1,s had larger wheels .
Melbot

Post by Melbot »

Thanks for the responses, everyone. More than happy with the unlisted extras, even if it's not a V2:)