Potential 3.2.1 regression issue with "New User Settings" issue

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Yorkie71

Post by Yorkie71 »

Attention owners who have had or are about to have the 3.2.1 update.

Several owners have been receiving the 3.2.1 update over the last week or so which has been installing successfully in most cases however some reports on the CUPRA UK Facebook page suggest that the update may have reintroduced the "New User Settings" issue that has plagued many owners including myself.

The symptoms for this frustrating and distracting issue was a repeated "New User Settings available do you want to apply" message on the infotainment screen which if applied, (and sometimes even when not), reset some of the car settings such as ambient light and driver aids. I had the fix applied in December last year and there has been no reoccurrence since so this is worrying to say the least.

It would be interesting to know if anyone has had the 3.2.1 update and all of a sudden started seeing these issues again and if your car is scheduled to receive it then it might be an idea to make sure the dealer re-applies this fix afterwards. Once would have thought that this fix would have been rolled into subsequent releases but given that I have a loaner on the drive, (my Born is in for the update too) and this has 3.1 and the "New User Settings" issue, it would seem that this has not been the case.

I'm speaking to CUPRA later this morning along with a technician at the TSC in Milton Keynes so I'll be mentioning this. Getting my car back with this issue reintroduced would be disastrous.

Yorkie71

Post by Yorkie71 »

I've just had this statement provided from CUPRA. Anyone booked in for the 3.2.1 update should be armed with this information.

----------------
It has been confirmed that following the update to ME 3.2.1 some vehicles may repeatedly show ‘New Settings Available’ in the infotainment display.

There is a known and existing update which resolves this, and retailers can find the relevant TPI number from our internal communications to them. We are advising retailers to carry out this update, after the 3.2.1 update is applied, and prior to the vehicles being returned to the customers.
CupraVlox

Post by CupraVlox »

Can't believe this bug is back.. Got the update on the 11th of September and will be sure to report that they do the TPI 2068408 right after they do the update.. Can't be bothered to find out it has returned just to make another appointment to have it fixed again.

Thanks for sharing! Have you heard anything back from the Technicians about this?
Cupra Born - Adrenaline One - 2022 - Quasar Grey
Yorkie71

Post by Yorkie71 »

There's nothing to hear back. From the reports already supplied to CUPRA they have investigated and confirmed this fix is not contained in the 3.2.1 updated, (no idea why) and as a result have issued the statement I provided. At the same time, dealers have also been sent the communications that they must re-apply the fix after the update but it may need a reminder from the owner as these things don't always trickle through.