Blackout

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
powerisevil

Post by powerisevil »

Yesterday when arriving home got a message saying that at that time it was imposssible to get traffic informations, or traffic sign reading, something like that. Today when i got to the car, it was making some noise, something like a fan, a cooling fan, something like that. That seemed odd. When i started driving, both screens were off. everything else worked fine, but the screens were off. After I long pressed the off/on button in the infotainment, it slowly started working, and it has been working in a normal way so far.

Should I be worried or it was just a glitch?

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I haven't seen both screens off before so that's a new one on me and can't recall threads mentioning it either. The fan type noise is probably just that but with the infotainment screen blank and unresponsive you can't get into Climate and see what the setting is. Mine has recently decided to randomly set Climate to 22C, fan speed 7 with AC enabled. If that happened with a blank screen I too would be focused on the fan noise. I need to get the SW fix for that but not had the time. It does sound like a bug but as said not seen that affect the instrument cluster screen before. Hopefully others will have ideas.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Yes, I've had the Infotainment screen crash a couple of times, but not the 'instrument panel'. That's one of the reasons I'm getting the car in for the 3..2.1 update - it's supposed to fix that (we'll see....).
powerisevil

Post by powerisevil »

MikeyB wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:29 am Yes, I've had the Infotainment screen crash a couple of times, but not the 'instrument panel'. That's one of the reasons I'm getting the car in for the 3..2.1 update - it's supposed to fix that (we'll see....).
that update you mention, has to be done in the dealer, right? it's not available for us to do it?
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Yes, unfortunately.