Massive battery recall check - TPI 93Q2

All CUPRA Born related discussions
jerryhawkins

Post by jerryhawkins »

Spoke to Cupra customer service again today. No progress on paste or bolts needed to complete repair. They've asked Europcar to get me into an EV when one becomes available. I hope to see my Born again sometime in 2024. Merry Christmas all - hope you enjoy it despite being parted from your Borns!
V2 58kwh AFV 230 Auto e-boost. Qasar grey. 19" Typhoon wheels, copper details. Heat Pump.

SabreDentist

Post by SabreDentist »

It makes you wonder why Cupra is able to source components for production of the cars but is unable to source them for repair. Makes no sense unless the required components are not used during the original assembly.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

SabreDentist wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:38 pm It makes you wonder why Cupra is able to source components for production of the cars but is unable to source them for repair. Makes no sense unless the required components are not used during the original assembly.
Our original V3 77kwh car was recalled with a steering motor fault after it arrived in the UK. Cupra UK just ordered a new build as they said it would quicker than waiting for spare parts! We were given a V2 58kwh car while we waited for the new build.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

SabreDentist wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:38 pm It makes you wonder why Cupra is able to source components for production of the cars but is unable to source them for repair. Makes no sense unless the required components are not used during the original assembly.
FWIW, when I ordered my car in summer 22, the dealer said delivery was 8-12 months even longer as a certain part could only come from Ukraine, I believe it was the high power cables, but not sure. Delivery ended up being dead on 7 months.
Last edited by Ponk on Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
MICKB

Post by MICKB »

Hi.
Has anyone had any success in following Rejecting thier vehicle. On the grounds of defective components fitted from factory. No ability to repair in a reasonable time frame and Huge inconvenience being born by the customer not having own vehicle and so many chasing up on phone call and progress and fuel costs
Baconrage

Post by Baconrage »

Should I expect to receive notification if my car is affected? I have received letters about recalls in the past but I've not heard anything yet.
V3 58kwh e-boost in Quasar gray.
jerryhawkins

Post by jerryhawkins »

@Baconrage... You probably won't get a letter. Mine went in for a routine software update and they ran the diags at the time and it pointed to the issue. You should be able to check if your car has the issue by entering your VIN on the web page here: https://checkout.cupraofficial.com.au/o ... ns-recalls
Checking mine after-the-fact on this site showed it had the battery issue.
V2 58kwh AFV 230 Auto e-boost. Qasar grey. 19" Typhoon wheels, copper details. Heat Pump.
milkyway55

Post by milkyway55 »

Baconrage wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:30 pm Should I expect to receive notification if my car is affected? I have received letters about recalls in the past but I've not heard anything yet.
No, it's not a recall, despite the thread title.
2023 Cupra Born, 77kWh eBoost, 5 seats, Aurora Blue, 19" Copper Typhoon, Pilot L + TPA, Tech L w/SAFE, AR-HUD.
Baconrage

Post by Baconrage »

Ok, thanks. Looks like I have 2 recalls/campaigns outstanding.
V3 58kwh e-boost in Quasar gray.
Delwilks

Post by Delwilks »

Hi there. I just had my car in the garage for multiple screen problems and was told that this was a very common problem and that the recall software update would resolve it. It didn't. Waited 2 months for a slot at Heritage Bristol and then took 3 weeks to sort out. Got it back on Friday and then the next day an electric drive fault warning appeared with a message to say take back to garage immediately. Garage closed on weekends and New Years day of course. Not long afterwards the screen froze again and then next day the screen switched of completely whilst I was driving and then rebooted itself. So the garage gave me back a car that was not actually fixed and you might expect that today they would want to get it sorted as soon as possible. Not a chance. They won't even speak to me. Finally got an email response to say I should contact Cupra assistnace to get it sorted!

Has enyone else experienced anything like this?
Thanks