Massive battery recall check - TPI 93Q2

All CUPRA Born related discussions
jerryhawkins

Post by jerryhawkins »

Good News!

Just had a call from my dealer contact - my Born battery repair has been completed. He's now got to arrange for it to be transported back to me from Southampton (~180miles), which could take up to two weeks! Next arranged call from Cupra customer service (actually executive office contact as I'd emailed VAG UK MD to complain) arranged for 7th Jan. Will be discussing compensation and 'good will' payment. I calculate I've spent around £250 extra on petrol over and above what my charging costs would have been - I only do low mileage. What would you guys be looking for as a 'good will' payment, on top of the fuel reimbursement, for not having use of your own car for nearly four months?

Cheers, Jerry
V2 58kwh AFV 230 Auto e-boost. Qasar grey. 19" Typhoon wheels, copper details. Heat Pump.

jerryhawkins

Post by jerryhawkins »

My car is home!

After being without it for 4 months and 2 days, it's finally home sitting in my drive. In the end Cupra gave me 'good will' in the form of paying for my dealer-installed dash cam system that I'd arranged before all this trouble started. It wasn't a cheap system, so they paid for that and I paid for the fuel in the hire car. I'm happy with the outcome. Time will tell if I notice any improvements/difference in the Born.

Hope you all have your cars back soon if you haven't already.

Cheers, Jerry
V2 58kwh AFV 230 Auto e-boost. Qasar grey. 19" Typhoon wheels, copper details. Heat Pump.
ECBornUser

Post by ECBornUser »

Just got update on Born which went into Dealer on Nov 9th. Still at dealer and due to go to BCC on 21st March!!!!! Thinking of trying to get Cupra to buy it off me. Has anyone tried this and got a decent deal. Anyone also have a lead time from when they get tother BCC. Thanks
ECBornUser

Post by ECBornUser »

BORN arrived back on 12th April after going in about 6th November. Wait At Battery centre was a bit over 2 weeks over Easter. No goodwill offered from dealer. Good to be back on electric but 3.2.1 software not a big improvement on function. Maybe feels a bit less leggy.
Baconrage

Post by Baconrage »

ECBornUser wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:47 pm Just got update on Born which went into Dealer on Nov 9th. Still at dealer and due to go to BCC on 21st March!!!!! Thinking of trying to get Cupra to buy it off me. Has anyone tried this and got a decent deal. Anyone also have a lead time from when they get tother BCC. Thanks
Were you without it for the full 5 months?!
V3 58kwh e-boost in Quasar gray.