Update 3.2.1 now available - TPI 93S2

All CUPRA Born related discussions
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Hi Daveion, glad to hear it's resolved itself.
Odd about the "New Settings" message though. When I took mine in for the update I specifically mentioned this (it had been driving me nuts for weeks), and the fact there was a TPI available to fix it.

But when I picked up the car there was no mention of the TPI having been done on the paperwork. I queried why not, and the service technician who'd done the 3.2.1 update came and spoke to me in person.
He explained the other TPI had now been rolled into the 3.2.1 update, and it was no longer necessary to do it separately. Having not seen this mentioned in any web forums I was sceptical, but couldn't argue.

However, he seems to be right. It's been a month now since the update, and I've not had the "New Settings" issue at all. So why yours is still doing it is very strange.

daern

Post by daern »

Car booked into service tomorrow. (was booked back in July). Just had a terse text message:

"Your appointment has been cancelled. Works required need to be carried out at a battery centre. Nearest is Doncaster. Sorry."

It was booked in for software updates too, but obviously they've ignored this. Oh, and the battery check doesn't need to be by a battery centre anyway. Rubbish, very unhappy.

Dealer saying "our technicians are not trained to work on the HV side so can't do the battery recall check" and "if we only do the software update, than will count as a missed recall, so we can't do that". My response was "Bollocks. Go look a bit harder."
SabreDentist

Post by SabreDentist »

daern wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:22 pm Car booked into service tomorrow. (was booked back in July). Just had a terse text message:

"Your appointment has been cancelled. Works required need to be carried out at a battery centre. Nearest is Doncaster. Sorry."

It was booked in for software updates too, but obviously they've ignored this. Oh, and the battery check doesn't need to be by a battery centre anyway. Rubbish, very unhappy.

Dealer saying "our technicians are not trained to work on the HV side so can't do the battery recall check" and "if we only do the software update, than will count as a missed recall, so we can't do that". My response was "Bollocks. Go look a bit harder."
That's pretty shabby. If I were you I would email Cupra with a copy of that reply and ask whether they feel it meets their "Cupra Care" standards. I'd also demand that they organise to have the recall and software update carried out for you by a competent professional. They need to know when a dealer is letting the side down because it is a very bad look for the brand.
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Agreed, that's very poor.

Before mine went in I phoned them and asked what they would do if it proved to have a battery issue. They were totally prepared for this eventuality, and said they'd have to send the car to Exeter - the nearest battery centre - for that work to be done, and they'd provide a loaner while it was gone. No drama!
daern

Post by daern »

MikeyB wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:36 am Agreed, that's very poor.

Before mine went in I phoned them and asked what they would do if it proved to have a battery issue. They were totally prepared for this eventuality, and said they'd have to send the car to Exeter - the nearest battery centre - for that work to be done, and they'd provide a loaner while it was gone. No drama!
It seems that my dealer don't want to deal with this. If there's even the smallest chance of a battery module needing to be replaced, they're just refusing to even check it and have refused to touch it. Very unhappy with the service.
RichT

Post by RichT »

My understanding (from the dealer and verified by Cupra customer care) is that some vehicles have already logged a battery fault directly with Cupra. There really is no point a non-BCC dealer attempting a battery test if that is what shows on their system for your vehicle.
58 kWh V2 in vapor grey with pan roof and heat pump
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Surely if the car is able to log battery faults directly, there is no need for the battery recall programme at all?
RichT

Post by RichT »

I can only guess that there are gross faults which can be detected in normal operation vs. other issues/degradations that are only revealed by running dealer diagnostics (i.e. for longer than acceptable in normal operation).
But I do know that some ID.3 owners were called in for battery module replacement based on VIN,
And Cupra customer service were very sure my V2 needed module replacement so yes, maybe that was based on VIN (ie. which battery manufacturing batch was fitted) and not a logged fault at all.
58 kWh V2 in vapor grey with pan roof and heat pump
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

fwiw update 3.2.1 includes the new battery fault detector with respect to the recent battery recall.
Splitpin

Post by Splitpin »

My car went in tghis week for 3.2.1 and 93S2 updates plus Battery module . Apparently the battery module did not need replacing, but how do I find out if 3.2.1 and 93S2 have been updated.
In System information it onl;y says Hartdware H30, Software 0561 etc , is there anywhere else that stores the updates.
The "Show all Uopdates Button" has never revealed anything
Has anybody got ideas on this
Thanks