Update 3.2.1 now available - TPI 93S2

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Mine was dropped off today for the Update and 3 recall jobs. Worth a mention W J King in Bromley had a fully charged Vapour Grey V2 for me and there was no insurance cost passed on....so far so good.
Oh dear update!
Was called late today to advise that the car is going to sit overnight with the battery disconnected as what ever it is they are trying to do won't go through. They couldn't be more specific!
Has anyone been told they should disable the Cupra App during this work? I told the service team that I have been receiving notifications all day and wondered if that may be causing a problem with updating. They said that they have not had any specific instructions regarding the App!!
Last edited by Daveion on Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Yes, I was given an ID.3 to drive around in by Heritage Seat in Gloucester while mine was being done. And no insurance nonsense. Oh yes, and a hamper of goodies arrived a few days later as well. All in all, I'm looking forward to the next recall!
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

MikeyB wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:15 pm Yes, I was given an ID.3 to drive around in by Heritage Seat in Gloucester while mine was being done. And no insurance nonsense. Oh yes, and a hamper of goodies arrived a few days later as well. All in all, I'm looking forward to the next recall!
😄
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Oh dear- update!
Was called late today to advise that the car is going to sit overnight with the battery disconnected as what ever it is they are trying to do won't go through. They couldn't be more specific!
Has anyone been told they should disable the Cupra App during this work? I told the service team that I have been receiving notifications all day and wondered if that may be causing a problem with updating. They said that they have not had any specific instructions regarding the App!!
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
UHEborn

Post by UHEborn »

Hi all
I have been in to Barlows Wolverhampton and had the latest 3.2 update. It all seems to be working quite well. The main issue I seem to be having is I will arrive at work and plug into the 11kw charger and tell the car to be fully charged and at the right temp by say 3:15pm. Both times I have tried to do this it has not reached much more than 70%. Has anyone else has this issue. The 80% charge limit has been overridden so it’s not that.
I am at a loss to explain this as it seem to start charging too late in the afternoon.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Mine has been in with W J King Bromley since Tuesday and they are still not able to complete the update. They are consulting with Cupra Technical. Upside is I have a 77kW Born loan car. Didn't realise until I still had 256 miles at 80% 👍
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
shayster20@gmail.com

Post by shayster20@gmail.com »

Had latest update today at Cupra Exeter
yes it takes a long time and I was getting a few notifications on phone during the day but no I didn’t disable the app and on collecting car everything seems fine the only thing I’ve had to reset is the charging routine and set the car online again other than that all the previous settings on first glance seem to have remained including phone and radio. Appears to be a few more features on the app but all good at present .
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Finally got my car back this morning and all seems OK except on the app.
There are a number of Services deactivated as the licence expired on the 23/6/23 which was 12 months since purchasing. These were previously all activated. Thought the licences should be 3 years???
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Apparently we have to 'buy' the licences for £0 each year from the car's software store. I had sort of the opposite problem (not related to the software upgrade) where my licences were all in-date/ valid, but the services all said they were 'disabled by the user', so pretty much nothing worked in the car. I was initially told by Cupra to buy the licences again, but couldn't, as the store said I already had them...

The solution proved to be for Cupra Tech Support to reset some part of the back-end server for my account, which, once done, allowed me to for me to 're-buy' them again. Maybe you need to do something similar?

Incidentally, I was actually quite pleasantly surprised by Cupra Tech Support - they phoned me in person to explain what to do, and then followed up with a second phone call a week or so later to check all was well.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

MikeyB wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:35 pm Apparently we have to 'buy' the licences for £0 each year from the car's software store. I had sort of the opposite problem (not related to the software upgrade) where my licences were all in-date/ valid, but the services all said they were 'disabled by the user', so pretty much nothing worked in the car. I was initially told by Cupra to buy the licences again, but couldn't, as the store said I already had them...

The solution proved to be for Cupra Tech Support to reset some part of the back-end server for my account, which, once done, allowed me to for me to 're-buy' them again. Maybe you need to do something similar?

Incidentally, I was actually quite pleasantly surprised by Cupra Tech Support - they phoned me in person to explain what to do, and then followed up with a second phone call a week or so later to check all was well.
Thanks MikeyB
I left the car for 24 hours and checked the app after a charge and everything was back to normal. All serviced activated. I'm still getting the log on screen at start along with the "new settings available" message. I thought they would stop with the flash update!!!
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE