Update 3.2.1 now available - TPI 93S2

All CUPRA Born related discussions
viking2010

Post by viking2010 »

I have the same issue since moving to 3.2.1. The routines section in the infotainment system is just empty and the pen at the top right of the screen to create a routine is greyed out. I'm not getting any reduced charge and my Zappi still charges at 7kWh. I've raised a case with Cupra support (case number 0002063101 should you wish to quote it!). They've passed the info on to their technical department, but that was 3 days ago and so far, no further word on the matter. The more folks that report this issue, the more chance there is of getting a fix.

Essem

Post by Essem »

My V2 went in for the recall on Wednesday. It took only a half day, no work required on the battery, it’s on Continentals so nothing to do there. The software took the rest of the morning. The car is fine, apart from resetting the driver profiles etc.

Today this hamper arrived! Nice thought from Cupra/BSM Derby.

IMG_0550.jpeg

Simple1

Post by Simple1 »

viking2010 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:09 pm I have the same issue since moving to 3.2.1. The routines section in the infotainment system is just empty and the pen at the top right of the screen to create a routine is greyed out. I'm not getting any reduced charge and my Zappi still charges at 7kWh. I've raised a case with Cupra support (case number 0002063101 should you wish to quote it!). They've passed the info on to their technical department, but that was 3 days ago and so far, no further word on the matter. The more folks that report this issue, the more chance there is of getting a fix.
I have an appointment at the dealership on upcoming friday. I mentioned your support case is similar to mine, but the dealership was not sure that they could see it, because it is in another country (I guess). They also could, that my Cupra App was not acting like it should. When I press the batterystatus, the app very shortly show the "slider-page" and then "You have a current Routine running" (sorry for my bad translation).

I will update here, when I have any news...
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

My car went in and had the update yesterday. All seems to have gone well - I got the car back last thing, and drove it home without any of the infotainment weirdnesses reported by others.

As suggested elsewhere on this forum, I had a conversation with the garage about the need to re-apply TPI 2068408 - the one that stops the 'New Settings Are Available' message - after the 3.2.1 update. They haven't done so, and when I queried why not, the technician who did the work came and assured me it has now been rolled into the 3.2.1 'installer'. So we'll see if it stays gone or not. If true, a rare sign of progress!

I plugged it in and charged it overnight (I'm on OVO Charge Anytime) and it charged as normal. I have an Indra Smart Pro charger, and it's this that links to Charge Anytime and decides when to charge the car. This means that charging doesn't necessarily begin immediately, or continue uninterrupted. Others have had trouble with these situations after 3.2.1 installation, but mine seems to be fine - so far, at least.

I have had to reset the Infotainment system back to Factory Default and re-do the User stuff, but that too seems to have gone smoothly. Mind you, I'm a dab hand at it now - this is the fourth time I've been through that routine in the 5 months I've owned the car!

It also had the Battery Check recall (TPI93Q2) work done, and passed with no problems. My garage tell me they have yet to see a Born fail.
nl80813

Post by nl80813 »

A 2 day software update has been done on my Cupra Born One 2 weekse ago, but the VIN Checker still has 3 outstanding recall actions....
Zu don't know if I have got v3.2.1. Can I find this somewhere?
69982johnrashleigh

Post by 69982johnrashleigh »

Hi there took mine in for recall work on Wednesday and the dealer called me saying they need to keep the car overnight to do a big update. Got it back yesterday
The speedo display has a few extra bits of info
The batter care function doesn't seem to work even when turned on - It's trying to charge 100% so had to reduce to 80% manually
Have to set my user info up again
The car asks me if I want to be in online mode every time the ignition is turned on (used to do this when the car was new but I can't remember if I altered a setting or it just stopped after an update.

So far everything else seems OK.
Left it with Doncaster Cupra with 64% battery - picked it up with 35% battery the following day
Pederb

Post by Pederb »

IMG_5410.jpeg

What version is this showing?
-2023 Cupra Born 77kW with Beats-
SirRahikkala

Post by SirRahikkala »

0561 equals is either 3.1 or 3.2.*
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."
69982johnrashleigh

Post by 69982johnrashleigh »

Pederb, only the device number and "panels harware H43" are different to your photo
mangobay

Post by mangobay »

Our 2022 V3 went in for the software update and battery module check last week. All good so far and one positive thing I have noticed is the car now remembers the last setting for charging routines. I use the car’s timer to control my home evse charger and use the “charge at preferred times “ setting to access a low cost octopus overnight rate. Finally the system remembers this preference and I don’t seem to need to change it before plugging in every night 👍