Charging issues

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Yoriel79

Post by Yoriel79 »

Hi,
Since they updated the software of my Cupra Born, I can no longer manage the battery charging with my home charger. If the car goes more than 4 minutes without receiving electrical supply from the charger it gets blocked and it's no longer possible to start the charging. For example, I can't schedule the charging, I can't use my surplus energy, etc. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Regards.

Shahev

Post by Shahev »

I set the charge routine on the Cupra app not on the wall charger app. UK regulation means to minimise impact of many off peak EV charging at the same time, wall chargers randomly adjust start time by about 10 minutes.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

I'm on OVO Charge Anytime. I use an Indra Smart Pro to charge my Born. I don't set anything in the car's schedule at all, I just set the 'ready by' time in the Indra web app (I chose 06:45), plug the car in, and leave them to figure it out between them. I generally get a 'complaint' on my phone from the My Cupra app that charging couldn't be started, because the Indra charger is waiting to begin charging, as Charge Anytime dictates. But the charging process duly happens when the Indra decides to start. I'm not sure why yours doesn't do something similar.
Yoriel79

Post by Yoriel79 »

MikeyB wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:56 pm I'm on OVO Charge Anytime. I use an Indra Smart Pro to charge my Born. I don't set anything in the car's schedule at all, I just set the 'ready by' time in the Indra web app (I chose 06:45), plug the car in, and leave them to figure it out between them. I generally get a 'complaint' on my phone from the My Cupra app that charging couldn't be started, because the Indra charger is waiting to begin charging, as Charge Anytime dictates. But the charging process duly happens when the Indra decides to start. I'm not sure why yours doesn't do something similar.
I used to do it like you until now, I would set the charge to 'immediate' and let the charger handle the schedules or energy surpluses. I started having issues since the car software got updated. Now, after 4 minutes without receiving electric power, it's as if the car goes into a stand-by mode.
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

So what version do you have? I'm on 3.2, I think
Yoriel79

Post by Yoriel79 »

A don’t know.

IMG_3200.jpeg

Last edited by Yoriel79 on Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Hmm, mine is also Software 0561, but my Display Unit/control panel hardware version is H45, rather than H43. I have no idea if that is significant or not!
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Mine has has the update to 3.2.1 and it’s now doing the same thing. If it’s plugged in without actually charging for anything more than a few minutes it won’t accept charge and behaves like it’s not connected to power even though the charger is trying to charge.

Bloody useless!
Yoriel79

Post by Yoriel79 »

TheBornIDentity wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:30 pm Mine has has the update to 3.2.1 and it’s now doing the same thing. If it’s plugged in without actually charging for anything more than a few minutes it won’t accept charge and behaves like it’s not connected to power even though the charger is trying to charge.

Bloody useless!
Some news about this matter?
I have noticed that only units with hardware version H43 are experiencing this issue. Could you confirm if your case is also the H43 version?
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Yoriel79 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:22 am
TheBornIDentity wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:30 pm Mine has has the update to 3.2.1 and it’s now doing the same thing. If it’s plugged in without actually charging for anything more than a few minutes it won’t accept charge and behaves like it’s not connected to power even though the charger is trying to charge.

Bloody useless!
Some news about this matter?
I have noticed that only units with hardware version H43 are experiencing this issue. Could you confirm if your case is also the H43 version?
Yes mine is H43