Answering a phone call

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
SabreDentist

Post by SabreDentist »

Hi everyone. New owner here. I've only had my car a week so still finding my feet with it. This morning driving to work I received an urgent phone from my boss. Being new to the car, I wasn't able to answer it before he hung up! He was none too pleased when I got to work and I received a bollocking ...

My question is:

How do you answer a phone call in the Born? Can you do it via the steering wheel buttons or must you go into the infotainment screen? I I was pushing the voice button on the right but Iit obviously didn't work. The manual refers to a telephone button but there isn't one and while it deals with how to make calls it doesn't cover off how to answer one.

Grateful for any assistance.

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

SabreDentist wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:46 pm Hi everyone. New owner here. I've only had my car a week so still finding my feet with it. This morning driving to work I received an urgent phone from my boss. Being new to the car, I wasn't able to answer it before he hung up! He was none too pleased when I got to work and I received a bollocking ...

My question is:

How do you answer a phone call in the Born? Can you do it via the steering wheel buttons or must you go into the infotainment screen? I I was pushing the voice button on the right but Iit obviously didn't work. The manual refers to a telephone button but there isn't one and while it deals with how to make calls it doesn't cover off how to answer one.

Grateful for any assistance.
When I get a call I get the ring tone through the car and a small green phone icon in the top left hand side of the Infotainment screen.
Tap that and the call is answered. There may be a way to do it via the wheel but never needed to explore more options. The above method works fine for me.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
pacajara

Post by pacajara »

Press "Ok" on the right side of the steering wheel.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

pacajara wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:27 pm Press "Ok" on the right side of the steering wheel.
🙄 makes sense!
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Radar

Post by Radar »

I would like to know if you can end a call on the steering wheel. Pressing the red phone symbol on the screen can be quite hazardous whilst you're driving.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Agreed. Maybe pressing OK again on the wheel does it.
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
SabreDentist

Post by SabreDentist »

Thanks everyone -as helpfully suggested by Pacajara the OK button seems to work to answer and hang up calls.

Would have been helpful if Cupra had included that in the manual. If Cupra are reading this, perhaps they could update the pdf accordingly.