Dipping left mirror

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Radar

Post by Radar »

Another thing. When you want the left mirror to dip when reverse parking, you have to have the mirror adjustment knob set to left (same as with all VW and audi). However, it always resets itself. Is there a way I can make it always stay on left mirror, like a hard button would do?

alex1337

Post by alex1337 »

No, but I wish!
Born V2 Vapour Grey
Radar

Post by Radar »

I resorted to doing a factory reset to try to get rid of the traffic message. It didn't! But now my left mirror doesn't dip on reversing no matter what I do. I checked out a Born at the dealers and found that the mirror on that car did dip on reversing. It had the same software and hardware versions as mine. I'm dumbfounded and would live to know what other people's Borns do.
SabreDentist

Post by SabreDentist »

I think you might have to re-save the desired dipped position for the mirror to get it to dip when required (page 124 of owners manual). The factory reset probably cleared the setting.

Unlock the vehicle with the key to which you wish to assign the setting.
• Select reverse gear.
• Adjust the front passenger exterior mirror so
that you can see, for example, the kerb edge.
• Move the gearshift to the neutral position.
• Switch the ignition off.
• The mirror's set position is saved and assigned to the key. The mirror should now dip when you select the left mirror and R.
Radar

Post by Radar »

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I've tried this several times but it doesn't work.
SabreDentist

Post by SabreDentist »

Ok and you definitely have the "mirrors dip in reverse" option checked in the infotainment screen.? If so, sounds like time to go back to the dealer.
Ben88

Post by Ben88 »

My golf had dipped mirror in reverse and it stayed that way until I turned the knob right but the born always reverts back to normal. Why can’t it just stay on left until I move it otherwise!!