Keeps calling roadside assistance

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Tyrellcorp71

Post by Tyrellcorp71 »

Had my car for a month and on 2 occasions the car kept calling roadside assistance. It was constantly trying to connect and only stopped when I let it call assistance and then they hung up.

I've looked in settings and nothing seems to be relevant. Not called Cupra yey and wondered had anyone else had this issue.

Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Tyrellcorp71 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:53 am Had my car for a month and on 2 occasions the car kept calling roadside assistance. It was constantly trying to connect and only stopped when I let it call assistance and then they hung up.

I've looked in settings and nothing seems to be relevant. Not called Cupra yey and wondered had anyone else had this issue.
Go to your dealer and ask them to fix this. The communications module is defective.

A few others have reported this before in the German Born forum.
Tyrellcorp71

Post by Tyrellcorp71 »

I contacted the dealership straight away. My appointment is next week. Hoped someone on here would have some good advice
Yorkie71

Post by Yorkie71 »

I had this happen. I also had the courtesy light on the driver side light up in intermittently and it was not possible to turn it off.

Turns out that it was a known issue. They replaced the light control unit in the car ceiling and it's all been fine since.
Tyrellcorp71

Post by Tyrellcorp71 »

That's really good news. Thanks for putting my mind at rest
Tyrellcorp71

Post by Tyrellcorp71 »

Cupra Stockport have finally agreed to replace the control unit after 2 weeks of complaining . I'd advise anyone else with the issue to request a replacement too
Yorkie71

Post by Yorkie71 »

Tyrellcorp71 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:26 pm Cupra Stockport have finally agreed to replace the control unit after 2 weeks of complaining . I'd advise anyone else with the issue to request a replacement too
Good news. I hope it fixes your issue.
Cuprapain23

Post by Cuprapain23 »

Hello, does anyone still have this issue?

I noticed overhead that the passenger safety airbag light keeps switching itself on and off. Every time that happens, it contacts the breakdown service (constantly).

It’s already been to a garage and they said that the VW ID3 has a similar software issue, however they do not currently have a fix for the Born.
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

Mine done this today for the first time, only thing different from any other day was that it’s the coldest night of the year (-16) so I had the heat in remote for about 10 mins, never had it on for that length before. It called and reset called and reset constantly for 5 minutes, also the touch screen tone when you press a button was constantly beeping. I power cycled the screen, it kept doing it for another minute after booting up then it stopped. Journey was only 10 mins. Return journey home was no issue. After some Googling, it’s very well known problem, my mates new Formentor did it as he messages me about it a month ago, but I’ve not asked him what happened. Reading forums, Cupra Formentor and Leon forums are full of this problem, it seems an SOS module change fixes it.

https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/thread ... 728/page-3
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
CSH9822

Post by CSH9822 »

My 73 plate Cupra Born is exactly the same. It will continuously call and disconnect all by itself completely taking over the infotainment system so you can’t control anything (including crucial functions like navigation, communication and climate). The dealership in Derby is aware of the issue but apparently there is a back log on the part it needs. In the meantime 90% of the time the issue is absolutely not a problem and is not there as long as the car is preheated using the app. My advice is to book it in with Cupra asap and always use the app to pre heat the car before using as the majority of the time if sorts the issue.