Check your Born VIN for recalls!

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Enter your VIN here to see if your vehicle has any recalls or TPI fixes:

https://checkout.cupraofficial.com.au/o ... ns-recalls

In Australia, auto manufacturers are obliged to offer VIN checking for recalls, etc.

This was already mentioned in the Goodyear tire recall thread but I thought it would be useful on its own.

CupraVlox

Post by CupraVlox »

Nice! Seems mine needs a new Bonnet pin!

Thanks for sharing!
Cupra Born - Adrenaline One - 2022 - Quasar Grey
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Mine has the striker pin recall and the Goodyear tyres recall - not sure why, it came on Conti 6 tyres!
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:40 pm Mine has the striker pin recall and the Goodyear tyres recall - not sure why, it came on Conti 6 tyres!
Exactly the same with mine
V2 BORN 58 Vapor Grey
Ordered 22/3/22
Delivered/ picked up 9/6/22
BornAgain

Post by BornAgain »

The bonnet pin striker might be the bonnet lever breaking issue?
Or may be the root causes of the lever to break?
Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

I understand that Continental bought Goodyear so that would explain it. I entered my vin number and it said a recall on the Goodyear tyres.
Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

I understand that Continental bought Goodyear so that would explain it. I entered my vin number and it said a recall on the Goodyear tyres.
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Since for some reason the OP about this didn’t seem to get noticed, I’ll add what they look like here.

I think it’s pretty disgusting something as obviously dangerous as this needs internet forums for people to be made aware of them. This sort of thing I’d expect to get a letter asking me to book it in ASAP. I suppose the less people that know the less it will cost them, since it’s a wear and tear part. :x I’m probably not buying VAG again; it feels like no matter how much water I put on the burning bridge they keep adding fuel.

IMG_3555.jpeg

TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

BornAgain wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:45 pm The bonnet pin striker might be the bonnet lever breaking issue?
My guess on the pin striker is that it can let the bonnet fly up into the windscreen. I’ve seen that happen to a completely different car coming the other way. It was pretty much instantaneous. I was so concerned for the driver I stopped the car and turned around to help him. It had smashed his windscreen and damaged both A pillars. The guy was visibly shaking.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

TheBornIDentity wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:39 pm
BornAgain wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:45 pm The bonnet pin striker might be the bonnet lever breaking issue?
My guess on the pin striker is that it can let the bonnet fly up into the windscreen. I’ve seen that happen to a completely different car coming the other way. It was pretty much instantaneous. I was so concerned for the driver I stopped the car and turned around to help him. It had smashed his windscreen and damaged both A pillars. The guy was visibly shaking.
I was a front seat passenger in my mate's Clio about 10 years ago when that happened to us at 75mph. How I didn't soil myself, I'll never know - my mate did!
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565