New Born small doubts

All CUPRA Born related discussions
powerisevil

Post by powerisevil »

So, it finally arrived. It's everything i excepected, although I'm struggling with a couple of things, if anyone can help me, please.

I have some problems with AC, and i avoid turning it on because I have some kind og allergiy and it's not very comfortable for me. This being said, it's always super hot inside the car, at a point that I am almost obliged to turn AC on. Is it normal, it has something to do with batteries maybe?

Another thing, the lights on the ceiling, cabin light, whatever it's called, it's very nice with the proximity sensor and all, but it has some kind of frame that it's always on. Because I have light sensibility, it keeps calling my attention when driving at night, any way of turning that off?

One last thing, driving on highways, i select comfort mode and D on the shifter, but it just drains battery. Off the highways i make 350kms easy with 80% battery, whilst on the highway i can drive like half of it. Is there a way (a mode, a way of driving) that minimizes this drain??

But, it still is a quite amazing little car!

potxotxo

Post by potxotxo »

Hi powerisevil! Congratulations on your new arrival, I hope you enjoy this wonderful little car. Now to your questions:

It's a hot cabin, no doubt, at least at this time of the year. I don't know if it has to do with batteries but window cracking or forced ventilation are a must. I manage without turning on the AC key, though

I don't think you can turn on the square shaped light around the ceiling lights... maybe somebody else knows better

Speed is probably the major factor in your case: The difference in consumption between driving at 90 to 120 Km/h is huge, regardless of the road you are taking. If you consider 80 vs. 120 Km/h I guess the range of the car can easily get close to double (or half, depending on how you look at it)

Enjoy the Born! I think the ones that got the latest cars with the current software version are very lucky, I myself got it a month ago and haven't experienced any of the glitches described in other posts. I hope older cars can update their software asap
2023 Born V3ish 58 kWh
powerisevil

Post by powerisevil »

Hello potxotxo!

I am, without any doubt, in love with the car. It's all I expected and more. No faliures what so ever. Maybe it's just the adaptation to a new concept thats making me notice those things, but I would absolutely buy it again!