I just got a V3 Vapor Grey I need some advice please :)

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
andya

Post by andya »

Wow thanks for the great replies I want to charge it tonight between 11.30 and 5.30 but looking at the Ohme charger app i am struggling to work out how to set that!

TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

So long as the “My Energy “ section looks something like this:

IMG_3494.png

Just set the percentage you want for 05:30am in ‘My charger’ / ‘Charge schedules’ to something like this:

IMG_3495.png

The start time will be set by Octopus. So long as you don’t try to set more than is possible in that time frame it might charge outside of it if it suits Octopus… so if you set the departure time at 13:00 it might charge out of the 6 hour cheap period but it will still be at the cheaper rate unless you select “max charge now”. I leave it set to 05:30 so it can’t schedule an expense charge by accident.

There can be issues with Ohme charging too slowly but hopefully that’s been sorted now. Message me if you have problems. There is a solution… been there got the tee shirt lol
TheBornIDentity

andya wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:10 pm Wow thanks for the great replies I want to charge it tonight between 11.30 and 5.30 but looking at the Ohme charger app i am struggling to work out how to set that!
I can’t work out how to send a pic via pm so I’ve attached what the Octopus app devices page should look like if it thinks Ohme is the device they are using.

IMG_3496.png

If it looks like this and your Ohme app doesn’t say you are on Octopus Intelligent then somethings went wrong during setup.
andya

Post by andya »

Fab thanks if I want to top up the last 20% to 100% tonight after 11.30 is it just a case of using the ohme app and specifying a certain time limit say 3 hours? Is that how i would do it and after the time limit does the charger switch off and stop charging? (am I making sense) :)

Thanks
TheBornIDentity

andya wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:49 pm Fab thanks if I want to top up the last 20% to 100% tonight after 11.30 is it just a case of using the ohme app and specifying a certain time limit say 3 hours? Is that how i would do it and after the time limit does the charger switch off and stop charging? (am I making sense) :)

Thanks
If it’s all working correctly and your car is logged on with the API (so the charger knows the % the battery has in it) and you tariff in the Ohme app is now correct you’d just set it to 100% by 05:30am and it will know it needs to add 20% and schedule it to start some time after 11:30. If the charger doesn’t know the battery % then you set that to 20% yourself.

If it’s not working correctly then the only way to force the charger to not charge outside the window would be to set three schedules one to 0% by 23:30 every day then one to whatever % you want by 05:30am every day then one to 0% by 05:31am every day and have them all turned on… at least I think that would work. It’s not really designed for you manual set charging intervals but that should botch it. You’d want to check it actually schedules something when it’s 23:31 to check it works.
andya

Post by andya »

Thanks so much for taking the time to help I am not sure if the charger knows what % the battery is I suppose I would find out when I connect it to the car am i right in thinking it should show me what level it is?

The my Cupra app is showing the battery at 85% but can you tell me where the % is shown on the Ohme app as I can't find that anywhere on it!
Last edited by andya on Sun May 14, 2023 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBornIDentity

This is what mine is like set to go from 70 to 100% on the charger and the dashboard and yours will look pretty similar if it’s all setup right. In this instance the charger won’t start until 01:30 and will stop at 05:30.

IMG_3498.jpeg

IMG_3499.png

TheBornIDentity

andya wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:05 pm Thanks so much for taking the time to help I am not sure if the charger knows what % the battery is I suppose I would find out when I connect it to the car am i right in thinking it should show me what level it is?
No problem. Yeah when you plug it in it will show contacting car or something like that on the charger then display the current charge level. If it doesn’t know it then it assumes 0% so you’d have to set the charger to add 20% instead of 100%.

The app shows the % on the dashboard section as well as what it’s scheduled.
andya

Post by andya »

Damn mine doesn't look like that it doesn't show the current charge on the app or the charger as I just checked, I did email Ohme today and they said i don't need to choose the tariff as it will liase with Octopus I wonder what I haven't done properly :(
andya

Post by andya »

So do I wait until 11.30 and ask it to put 20% in and do I need to do that as a new schedule or just do it on the charger as it clearly doesn't know what level the car is on.