Reflection on inside of windscreen

All CUPRA Born related discussions
ZPatel

Post by ZPatel »

Hi,

Just wanting to know if anyone else has noticed their dashboard reflecting on the inside of the windscreen at all and if there's anything that can be done about this? It's a bit annoying when driving to have this reflecting.

Thanks

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I can't say I have but have on other cars I have had.
Try adjusting your driving position a tad up or down and or reclining more or less. Because of the rake of the screen even a small change could eliminate it.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
born_owner

Post by born_owner »

Picked up our Born on Friday, and have noticed this a couple of times while driving. I don't have a solution yet, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone!
Born V2, 77kW, e-Boost, Vapour Grey
ZPatel

Post by ZPatel »

Daveion wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:39 am I can't say I have but have on other cars I have had.
Try adjusting your driving position a tad up or down and or reclining more or less. Because of the rake of the screen even a small change could eliminate it.
I did try this but didn't work unfortunately. I have had to have my windscreen replaced so was thinking if it might due to this
Last edited by ZPatel on Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZPatel

Post by ZPatel »

haydnw wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:37 pm Picked up our Born on Friday, and have noticed this a couple of times while driving. I don't have a solution yet, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone!
That's helpful to know thank you!
ZPatel

Post by ZPatel »

haydnw wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:37 pm Picked up our Born on Friday, and have noticed this a couple of times while driving. I don't have a solution yet, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone!
That's helpful to know thank you!
Splitpin

Post by Splitpin »

This has annoyed me for some time but not found a solution as yet along with other infotainment issues. Despite contacting digital support and customer services they have not done anything about them. They really spoil the car.
I have now bought 10 VAG cars over the past 40 years for my wife, children and myself and never encountered issues like I have on the Born. I would not buy another VAG car unless they get their act together.
CupraVlox

Post by CupraVlox »

Maybe a window tint? Not sure about the regulations in other countries, but here in the Netherlands we can get the front window tinted as long as it allows 55% or more light through it. Maybe this is a fix that would work?

Getting mine tinted with a chameleon tint this Friday.
Cupra Born - Adrenaline One - 2022 - Quasar Grey
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

I don't notice any reflections at all on my HUD-less born.

fwiw there were 2 reasons I didn't order the HUD:

- my eyes were having distracting microfocus issues between focusing on the HUD text/info and the view of the street.
- the actual HUD enclosure was reflecting in the windshield
Ben88

Post by Ben88 »

Yeah I see it too!
It’s not the HUD display it’s the actually dash, the texture creates a reflection on the windscreen, Maybe like a vinyl wrap over the dash or something.