Opinion of Beats audio?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Born Leccy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:34 am Elea4, what settings have you found generally get the best out of the Beats system?
Try this out to and let me know what you think:

"Immersive" mode with the surround slider all the way to the right

EQ
Sub +6
125 Hz +3
250 Hz 0
1 kHz 0
5 kHz 0
10kHz 0

Some music will overload the sub at that level, ergo the sub setting sometimes needs tuning.

It's a matter of personal taste. I like my bass.

Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Thanks Elea4, I mainly listen to indie via the Absolute Radio app or Apple Music on CarPlay. I was using the same immersive and surround settings, but your suggested Sub and 125hz settings in the EQ has given it more body 👍
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Garth wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:21 pm Monkeyhanger I think you'll be surprised. I had the b&o in an a4 and it was absolutely brilliant. Really rich, deep & loud. Stunning bit of kit.
So far I'm not blown away (got the S3 on Friday night) - haven't tried any EQ tweaks yet.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Since my software update to 3.2.1 I noticed the sound changed quite drastically and my previous settings didn't have nearly as much bass response as before.

Previously I would crank the subwoofer up to +9 and occasionally some stations and songs would absolutely overdrive the sub. Not great.

However now with +9 on the sub it wasn't doing that at all and it just sounded, well, anemic. It feels like before 3.2.1, boosting the sub control was acting like a simple EQ that boosted everything under 125Hz, like an extra band of the entire EQ.

What seems to be happening now is the EQ is much more in control of the bass while the sub level is behaving more intuitively and not out of control. It sounds like multiband compression.

So to revise my previous suggestion, this is what I suggest for anyone who loves bass:

"Immersive" mode with the surround slider all the way to the right

Sub +9
125 Hz +6
250 Hz +2
1 kHz 0
5 kHz 0
10kHz +1
Pederb

Post by Pederb »

It's okay, better than stock for sure but not amazing
-2023 Cupra Born 77kW with Beats-
Ben88

Post by Ben88 »

The born ships with 7 speakers as standard now, confirmed by a bloke who’s got a V1 born recently. So me personall, I don’t think it’s worth the extra cash.
gallenulenoir

Post by gallenulenoir »

A view from the Born world in Australia -

I do a lot of audio work and have been following the forums with interest while waiting for delivery - which happened Monday of this week.

I was kind of not sure what to expect (I have a V3 with what is called the “interior pack” in Oz which includes upgraded interior features - electric seats etc and the Beats upgraded Audio.

Just by ear and without referring back to Elea4’s tips - I tuned the sound to my liking - and in checking ended up with very similar settings to Elea4.

Have to say the “immersive” setting is a game changer in this system. I’ll qualify that it may depend on the source material - but my experience with a range of listening over the last week is that with well mixed/produced albums the sound is pretty amazing - deep, rich, balanced (with some tuning) and overall an engaging and enjoyable experience. My tastes are pretty wide (Sting, Toto, Roxy Music, Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson, Elbow, Karnivool, The Church, Paramore to name a few) but don’t go into the super bass heavy rap/hip hop end of things.

Have to say - a week in - really enjoying the experience overall. Still exploring……
dooleydoo

Post by dooleydoo »

Ben88 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:06 am The born ships with 7 speakers as standard now, confirmed by a bloke who’s got a V1 born recently. So me personall, I don’t think it’s worth the extra cash.
Yep I just got a new V2 with 7 speakers and it's perfectly good for day to day use. Sure not as good as the 10 speaker + sub from the Focu,s ST but because the car is so quiet I don't find the need to push it too loud.

This was a relief as I'd read so much negativity about the stock system.
CupraCool

Post by CupraCool »

I am disappointed in the Beats system. I am sure it's better than stock, but I find myself having to run it at nearly full volume all the time and the sub distorts/drops out on bass heavy tracks.

Not the Beats fault, but I hate the way you cannot have music folders when using the USB connection. It takes all the files out of the folders and lists them all in one massive list. Retarded. Especially when then the car tells you off for taking your eyes off the road to scroll down the huge list.

Next time, I think I will put the money towards a third party 'proper' sound upgrade.
gallenulenoir

Post by gallenulenoir »

CupraCool wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:53 am I am disappointed in the Beats system. I am sure it's better than stock, but I find myself having to run it at nearly full volume all the time and the sub distorts/drops out on bass heavy tracks.

Not the Beats fault, but I hate the way you cannot have music folders when using the USB connection. It takes all the files out of the folders and lists them all in one massive list. Retarded. Especially when then the car tells you off for taking your eyes off the road to scroll down the huge list.

Next time, I think I will put the money towards a third party 'proper' sound upgrade.

Do you have the same level issue if you are using apple or android as a source ? Got to say I can’t imagine having the level maxed out with my carplay setup….. haven’t tried playing files from a usb stick….