Opinion of Beats audio?

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Garth

Post by Garth »

Hello peeps. I've asked this before but only had one or two word answers.
Any music lovers out there that can give a proper opinion/review of the beats audio? Can't find anything detailed online. Cheers! 8-)

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Sorry Garth. No Beats on mine.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

I have Beats, it’s pretty good, it’s clear and punchy and the surround sound works well, I’d go for it again should I have another Cupra. Haven’t heard a standard system though, so can’t comment on how different it is.

I doubt it would satisfy people who are into higher end systems. The Harman Kardon system we have in our Mini is well regarded and I can see why, I’m no expert but it’s clearly a step up on the Beats.
CupraV3

Post by CupraV3 »

I debated the Beats audio upgrade when I was ordering mine but decided against it. It was only after getting the car that I found out the standard audio system has no rear speakers. Had I known that beforehand I would have opted for Beats.
Cupra Born | V3 | Aurora Blue | e-Boost | 20" 'Blizzard' Wheels | Panoramic Roof | Easee One Charging Robot
Rerb

Post by Rerb »

I don't really rate my beats package much compared to Harman Kardon In my old BMW & the Dynaudio system in my golf Gte.

Kufatec does do a upgrade kit for rear doors complete with harnesses & coding dongle.
V3, Aurora Blue, Beats Audio, Glass Roof
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Speaking as a professional audio engineer, Beats is acceptable... not amazing. I find I have to futz around with the various settings to get it sounding good and that can vary based on the source material.

I will say that it's an especially good value compared to buying rear speakers, a wiring harness, a DSP controller/amp and a subwoofer.

*** The most irritating thing about Beats is the current software bug that causes DAB/FM audio streams to glitch and stutter. Borns without Beats do NOT have this issue.

Apparently if you switch to Media then back to DAB/FM then it goes away for some time. I hope this gets fixed soon!
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Elea4, what settings have you found generally get the best out of the Beats system?
Garth

Post by Garth »

So I'm getting a general vibe that the sound system could be better.
To be honest I've no idea why Cupra would partner with Beats instead of a manufacturer who produces genuinely good audio systems. Beats has always been more of a Dr Dre gimmick rather than quality kit.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Garth wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:41 pm So I'm getting a general vibe that the sound system could be better.
To be honest I've no idea why Cupra would partner with Beats instead of a manufacturer who produces genuinely good audio systems. Beats has always been more of a Dr Dre gimmick rather than quality kit.
I don't think any big-name audio system's car collaborations are going to hold a candle to even their cheapest home systems. My incoming S3 is coming with a B&O system (it's a stock car, already had that option ticked), I don't expect to be blown away by it.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Garth

Post by Garth »

Monkeyhanger I think you'll be surprised. I had the b&o in an a4 and it was absolutely brilliant. Really rich, deep & loud. Stunning bit of kit.