it's arrived! Now the fun begins...

All CUPRA Born related discussions
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Hi Folks,
My V2 58kw Vapour Grey eboost arrived this morning.

Looks smashing, as my Mum used to say. I took it for a little pootle in the rain, and all seems well. No opportunity to put eboost to the test, given the rain, my nervousness, and the roads around here. Time enough for that.

But a few questions that I 'm sure you'll have answers for:
1. The rain-sensing wipers don't seem very sensitive to rain, which is a bit irritating. Any thoughts?
2. The dreaded My Cupra app is telling me my range (inaccurately) in km, not miles. Why?
3. When I go to leave the car it says something about 'Safelock' in 'Wallet', neither of which appear in a search of the User Manual. What is it talking about?

TIA

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Hi MikeyB
Your excitement shines through 😊
I can't answer any of your questions except No 1.
I find the first stalk position (variable) varies a lot despite the intensity of rain. I do find the right level eventually but by then the rain has stopped 🤣
Just enjoy it, it's a really great drive.
Dave
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Excitement? Maybe. This is my first foray into EV ownership unless you count the Lexus hybrid I owned 16 years ago. When I sold it I bought a diesel, having concluded the technology wasn't ready yet. It still feels a bit brave to be doing this now, to be honest. But the Born certainly feels like a 'grown-up' car, so I'm hoping it will prove to be so in practice.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I'm 2 years and 4 months in now, firstly with an ID3. I'm an Engineer and the thing that impressed me most is how, in the simplest terms, an electric motor and battery can take me on a 200 mile+ trip and back home on a single charge. I'm in my 70s and have experienced a huge slice of Automotive history from my first car, a Rootes 1957 Hillman Minx convertible with a starter handle to my Born.
It's great to be an early adopter.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Savage

Post by Savage »

MikeyB wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:36 pm Hi Folks,
My V2 58kw Vapour Grey eboost arrived this morning.

Looks smashing, as my Mum used to say. I took it for a little pootle in the rain, and all seems well. No opportunity to put eboost to the test, given the rain, my nervousness, and the roads around here. Time enough for that.

But a few questions that I 'm sure you'll have answers for:
1. The rain-sensing wipers don't seem very sensitive to rain, which is a bit irritating. Any thoughts?
2. The dreaded My Cupra app is telling me my range (inaccurately) in km, not miles. Why?
3. When I go to leave the car it says something about 'Safelock' in 'Wallet', neither of which appear in a search of the User Manual. What is it talking about?

TIA
1. Make sure its in rain sensing position on the stalk, and use the intermediate wiper speed switch on top to vary how sensitive it is. Mine does sometimes seem to be not reacting until the sensitivity switch is used.
2. Is there a setting in the APP for units ? I dont use the app, but the car did need telling in infotainment to use miles.
3. So does mine, and sometimes something about needing to do something to disable roll away protection, TBH I just ignore it !
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Thanks Savage.
1. The stalk's definitely in the right position, and if I move the 'sensitivity' switch it'll trigger one sweep, but that seems to be all I get. It might have done one sweep of its own volition, but pretty much its just letting water accumulate on the windscreen until I intervene.
2. There aren't any settings in the App for units. The Infotainment is set to miles. Weird.
3. Yes, I've also seen that one. Sounds scary to me!
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

I found the miles/km settings in My Cupra. I had assumed - wrongly - that they would be settings of either the Car or the App, but they turn out to be settings of the 'Account'. No doubt there's logic there somewhere...
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

The safelock message relates to the door locking mechanism. Once you lock the doors from the outside, you cannot open the doors using the interior door handles (it's an anti-theft measure) This is OK unless you leave someone in the car and you lock all the doors - they can't get out.
Warnings about this are in the PDF manual - on the one I have downloaded, it's on page 96.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
MikeyB

Post by MikeyB »

Ah, yes, I see it, thanks. I switched it off, but it seems to re-enable itself next time the car is used. Is there a way to permanently disable it?