Order Lead Times

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Sc10tty

Post by Sc10tty »

Thanks for the info. I suspect you are correct. The longer range was a factor in the choice. I’m not sure that the 58kWh version in the winter will be sufficient with real world range. Worth considering though.

daern

Post by daern »

Sc10tty wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:43 am Thanks for the info. I suspect you are correct. The longer range was a factor in the choice. I’m not sure that the 58kWh version in the winter will be sufficient with real world range. Worth considering though.
Yeah, sub 200 miles is realistic on mine in cold weather. This is just about enough for what I need - wife to work and back followed by me taking the boy to the other side of the country with his sport, all on a single charge. Typically this is around 140 miles, last week leaving me with 22% / 42 miles in the tank @ around 5C, but I didn't spare the horses on the way and could easily have got 200 miles had I needed to.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

We've been told a whole batch of undelivered Borns have a steering column fault so our car is being recovered from Emden and a new Born will be manufactured to the original specification. So massive delay now. No time frame offerd.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

I ordered through my Company scheme operated by Zenith. They were quoting 3-4months. I only checked 58kwh models though.
Cupra Born 58kWh 204ps V1 Vapor Grey
ThePrisoner

Post by ThePrisoner »

Confirmed with dealer my Born is currently at status 38, port of exit released for shipping but currently delayed due to backlog with estimated 3 weeks from now.

Ordered back end of June and was quoted 1st January originally which always felt like a placeholder, got an update in November this would be delivered by March 28. With the delays out of Emden, this changed early March to April 11th which roughly lines up with the 3 week backlog quoted to me.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

ThePrisoner wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:05 pm Confirmed with dealer my Born is currently at status 38, port of exit released for shipping but currently delayed due to backlog with estimated 3 weeks from now.

Ordered back end of June and was quoted 1st January originally which always felt like a placeholder, got an update in November this would be delivered by March 28. With the delays out of Emden, this changed early March to April 11th which roughly lines up with the 3 week backlog quoted to me.
How long has it been at status 38? Waiting for a car myself that's also at status 38 (Audi S3, replacing my Born).
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

It appears 160 Cupra Borns have been recalled. These are all undelivered cars. They all have a steering column fault. Our dealer SMC Woking will offer us a loan car to enable us to trade in our ICE car. No idea when the steering column fault will be fixed.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Rwaggers

Post by Rwaggers »

I ordered a V2 with tech and pilot packs a couple of weeks ago. I was given an expected delivery in November 2023.
Cupra Born V2 with Tech Pack M & Pilot Pack L
Indra Smart Pro Charger
Octopus Go Tariff (Referral Link (Use this link to sign up and both of us receives a £50 bill credit) - https://share.octopus.energy/sand-zebra-360
un_born

Post by un_born »

Shahev wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:48 pm We've been told a whole batch of undelivered Borns have a steering column fault so our car is being recovered from Emden and a new Born will be manufactured to the original specification. So massive delay now. No time frame offerd.
Wonder if this is the same issue as mine. October 2022 delivery date.

On handover the display showed 'steering error'. Fully paid and no car. Luckily they gave us a Formentor as loaner.

Dealer took 2 weeks to fix it. Not sure what they done.
un_born

Post by un_born »

Shahev wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:04 pm It appears 160 Cupra Borns have been recalled. These are all undelivered cars. They all have a steering column fault. Our dealer SMC Woking will offer us a loan car to enable us to trade in our ICE car. No idea when the steering column fault will be fixed.
Count yourself lucky. I had a nightmare with Cupra Slough. My original car went AWOL. Got a call from them to say it was completed and waiting for transit to UK. Sold my car ready for the cupra and 3 Months later still no car and nothing from Slough. Got Cupra UK involved. In the end Slough offered me a different car, which ironically was faulty at collection. God knows what they do in PDI nowadays...