Order Lead Times

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Ben88

Post by Ben88 »

cjc79 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:45 pm Hi, ordered a Cupra Born V1 (no extras) this morning on employers Leaseplan scheme - dealer has confirmed the order and estimated delivery for November :cry: anyone have any insider knowledge on the accuracy of these lead times? as i'd previously been advised 16 weeks by Leaseplan. Thanks
I ordered a born through my work through zenith. I had a date of July then got pushed to September then to November then got an email saying early October now.

Jez

Post by Jez »

Ben88 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:59 am
cjc79 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:45 pm Hi, ordered a Cupra Born V1 (no extras) this morning on employers Leaseplan scheme - dealer has confirmed the order and estimated delivery for November :cry: anyone have any insider knowledge on the accuracy of these lead times? as i'd previously been advised 16 weeks by Leaseplan. Thanks
I ordered a born through my work through zenith. I had a date of July then got pushed to September then to November then got an email saying early October now.
I placed my order a couple of days ago with Zenith and was told late September / early October this year. No contact from the dealer yet but the order was sent over to them. How long did it take you to hear from the dealer? I assume Zenith only uses one dealer in the UK?
Pugboy

Post by Pugboy »

I ordered mid May. Was told November.
My car is at the dealer undergoing it's PDI now.
So 4 months from order to delivery.
The only option I had was metallic paint though. Perhaps if you add options it can increase the lead time?
Born V2 58 E-Boost
1989 Fiat Ducato Motorhome
2012 Fiesta Econetic Titanium
Ben88

Post by Ben88 »

Jez wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:45 am
I placed my order a couple of days ago with Zenith and was told late September / early October this year. No contact from the dealer yet but the order was sent over to them. How long did it take you to hear from the dealer? I assume Zenith only uses one dealer in the UK?

No contact from dealer just the email from zenith telling me early October. So hopefully should hear from the dealer in a week or so.
BornSean

Post by BornSean »

I ordered our new V3 Eboost last week, but choose a readily available Glacier white. Told it was at a port and could expect collection in about 2/3 weeks.
Jez

Post by Jez »

Ben88 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:58 am

No contact from dealer just the email from zenith telling me early October. So hopefully should hear from the dealer in a week or so.
I've heard from the dealer today, but no delivery date and their email says for any lead times to speak to Zenith. Logging into the portal it states the 2nd of October, but will see.

Had the charger fitted today, and I've gone for the Hypervolt 3.0 Home Pro.
scottnp

Post by scottnp »

Ordered in January through Lex, car has been built and currently sitting at Emden awaiting a ship.

Anyone got any ideas on how the queues at Emden are just now for Borns, and what vessels are VW using at present to ship to Tyne?
Ben88

Post by Ben88 »

Jez wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:41 pm

I've heard from the dealer today, but no delivery date and their email says for any lead times to speak to Zenith. Logging into the portal it states the 2nd of October, but will see.

I called zenith today and asked them how close they are to a delivery. They said the vehicle is with vindis fleet and it’s waiting for pre delivery checks. So about 2 weeks from now I should have to car but you know how dealers are. Hopefully it’s helps in some way
Jez

Post by Jez »

Ben88 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:34 pm

I called zenith today and asked them how close they are to a delivery. They said the vehicle is with vindis fleet and it’s waiting for pre delivery checks. So about 2 weeks from now I should have to car but you know how dealers are. Hopefully it’s helps in some way
I've found Zenith useless, they have said that I'm still to expect delivery on Monday which I found hard to believe. I called Vindis and they were so helpful and told me the car is at the port waiting for delivery to them and they will complete the checks so the 2 weeks line up as to what Zenith has told you. No idea why Zenith is telling me the 2nd still :lol:
Ben88

Post by Ben88 »

Jez wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:43 am
Ben88 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:34 pm

I've found Zenith useless, they have said that I'm still to expect delivery on Monday which I found hard to believe. I called Vindis and they were so helpful and told me the car is at the port waiting for delivery to them and they will complete the checks so the 2 weeks line up as to what Zenith has told you. No idea why Zenith is telling me the 2nd still :lol:
Yeah zenith told me that was the latest update they had from vindis. Tbh I’d rather it take a while so all the updates and recall things are done rather then going back and forth with a dealer after receiving the car. I got a golf from zenith years ago and it was driven down by a bloke rather then delivered on a lorry so I hope that don’t happen with my born lol.