Order Lead Times

All CUPRA Born related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Shahev wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:04 pm It appears 160 Cupra Borns have been recalled. These are all undelivered cars. They all have a steering column fault. Our dealer SMC Woking will offer us a loan car to enable us to trade in our ICE car. No idea when the steering column fault will be fixed.
That's quite generous of SMC. They were shockingly bad for me when I picked up the wife's Born from there and bought it back to Newcastle. At collection, check your car over VERY carefully.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

Noelb

Post by Noelb »

Beginning to lose the will to wait!

Having ordered in Jun22 via my employers leasing scheme, my Oct22 delivery date slipped to Nov22, then Feb23 and finally to Mar23 with a scheduled delivery date to the dealership of last Friday, 31Mar. Having not heard anything, I called the lease company today who advised me that the car hasn’t even been given a manufacturing date yet so the expected delivery has now moved again to Jul23, 13mths after ordering!

I’m getting a V2 in Aurora Blue…is anyone else going through the same issues?
Born_in_MCR

Post by Born_in_MCR »

Noelb wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:24 pm Beginning to lose the will to wait!

Having ordered in Jun22 via my employers leasing scheme, my Oct22 delivery date slipped to Nov22, then Feb23 and finally to Mar23 with a scheduled delivery date to the dealership of last Friday, 31Mar. Having not heard anything, I called the lease company today who advised me that the car hasn’t even been given a manufacturing date yet so the expected delivery has now moved again to Jul23, 13mths after ordering!

Yep, in a similar position. Order V2 Jun 22 via leasing company NVC, just had the date into the dealer pushed back to 28 Apr & that's not G/teed!
Its very frustrating!...
Cupra Born_V2 (58Kwh)_Geyser Silver_IO-GO...
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Noelb wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:24 pm Beginning to lose the will to wait!

All very confusing. Here is our story.

1. Ordered V3 77kw last day of July 22. Built first week February 23 and prior to transit to UK recalled 22 March 23.

2. Cupra UK then ordered again for us on priority build and is being built this week!

Looks like Cupra or VW have different priority possibilities for different customers- private or fleet.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Jonoisapanda

Post by Jonoisapanda »

I’ve just ordered one (a week ago) direct from a dealership, and we’ve been able to get a V3 in aurora blue that already had a production date scheduled, so we’re looking at end of April production and hopefully end of June for delivery.

I’m fully expecting this to change, but I’ll try to remain optimistic for now!
Garth

Post by Garth »

Lots of crappy experiences on here!
I must have lucked out- ordered in January 23, v1 with beats and tech M. Originally quoted October/November but last week was notified that it was on its way to UK, delivery in April. 30 odd weeks early. It was also through a lease as company car. They told me a lot of orders had been bought forward so fingers crossed your wait won't be too long.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Garth wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:09 am Lots of crappy experiences on here!
I must have lucked out- ordered in January 23, v1 with beats and tech M. Originally quoted October/November but last week was notified that it was on its way to UK, delivery in April. 30 odd weeks early. It was also through a lease as company car. They told me a lot of orders had been bought forward so fingers crossed your wait won't be too long.
This is amazing and good for you as most VW ID3 orders take at least a year for delivery and historically Cupra Borns take 7 to 8 months. I wonder if VW are suffering from lots of UK cancellations?
mogyi

Post by mogyi »

We ordered a 77kWh V2 in March 22 with innitial delivery date of November 22. However, the car turned up on July 22 so happy days. Been using (and loving) it for a while now. It's an excelent car so well worth the wait.
Greefy67

Post by Greefy67 »

Mine has been at status 40 UK port for getting on for 6 weeks.
Is this normal?
Shahev

Post by Shahev »