Intelligent Octopus and Cupra

All CUPRA Born related discussions
headwrong

Post by headwrong »

alanjs wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:30 am
Here's a screenshot from the .pdf of my last IO Go bill.
I had no idea these daily charts were on my Octopus bills - I never bothered scrolling down that far. I have been wondering how I can trust Octopus to bill me off-peak prices when it charges during the day, and now I know. Cheers.

NSJ78

Post by NSJ78 »

So had my Born V2 since June, love it. Got an Ohme Home Pro and on IOG…..not so in love. Everything is setup as per the guidance so I think all is good - one routine in Ohme, no price cap set, no routines set in car, etc.

However, it recently seems to always charge immediately and whilst the Ohme Charge Stats implies I’m being charged at 7.5p I’m slightly surprised that it’s every time I plug in. I’ve not had a bill recently to dig into comparing the Charge Stats v bill.

Am I being dull in my setup or do we think all is good?

Many thanks

NSJ78
Cupra Born V2 77Kwh
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

NSJ78 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:13 pm So had my Born V2 since June, love it. Got an Ohme Home Pro and on IOG…..not so in love. Everything is setup as per the guidance so I think all is good - one routine in Ohme, no price cap set, no routines set in car, etc.

However, it recently seems to always charge immediately and whilst the Ohme Charge Stats implies I’m being charged at 7.5p I’m slightly surprised that it’s every time I plug in. I’ve not had a bill recently to dig into comparing the Charge Stats v bill.

Many thanks

NSJ78
Cupra Born V2 77Kwh
I've had a few ups and downs getting the car and IO Go charging to work properly (see previous comments in this thread) but may last couple of charging plans seem to have been OK.
Yes, IO Go always seems to start charging immediately when plugging in, or with the Zappi it starts after about 10 minutes. I expect this to happen and I open the Cupra app and stop the charge as soon as it starts. IO Go then works per schedule.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
dooleydoo

Post by dooleydoo »

NSJ78 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:13 pm So had my Born V2 since June, love it. Got an Ohme Home Pro and on IOG…..not so in love. Everything is setup as per the guidance so I think all is good - one routine in Ohme, no price cap set, no routines set in car, etc.

Many thanks

NSJ78
Cupra Born V2 77Kwh
All good. If it says smart charging in the app then it'll be at 7.5p. I see the same behaviour now, pretty much every charge begins immediately but often if it is early in the day it charges slowly then it will speed up into the night.
WoT

Post by WoT »

This forum recommended to do all the setup in the car on e-manager and that's what i do. Charging should only start based on preferred times set in the car. I have no confidence in the apps except maybe to monitor the state of charge.
58kwh v2 Dec 22
Carew

Post by Carew »

Morning,

We recently got a cupra born. We are with ocotopus and have set up intelligent. We have an issue with the car not charging. Having spoken to ocotpus, they said everything is set up from their side but the cupra app/ car is not allowing the charge. I can see the car sets up and a schedule is on the app, but then doesn’t charge. Anyone able to help to what I need to do in terms of the app/ car to get this to work? Or is there a better way (scheduling the cupra app?)

Thanks in advance,

Carew
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Is Octopus controlling your charger? That is that there are no schedules present in the Charger App or the car itself?
I charge via a PodPoint Solo. All scheduled charges are switched off, same in car. When I plug in Octopus produces a schedule in "Devices" in the Octopus App.
Are you getting that far that you see the schedule?
Is there any error message in the Octopus App?
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE