Intelligent Octopus and Cupra

All CUPRA Born related discussions
dickyp

Post by dickyp »

Born1978 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:24 pm
dickyp wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:04 am I think you have to crunch your own numbers on the effect.
For me I switched to Octo and my day rate was 0.0177p per kw more so based on my std use without car was £59 a year more. However you save that back by delay start on washing machine and dishwasher to run in the cheap zone. Also the standing charge was lower with Octo so a small saving there as well.

Running the car saves me £1200 per year as well.
Thanks for that, it makes sense. I'll do some calculations.
I did some reading up and have just switched to Octopus anyway, will be on Flexible Octopus initially. Both standing and hourly rates are lower than my current provider so I'm already slightly better off.
Hope you used one of the referral codes for your £50 for joining. If not you can still apply one, there are plenty on here you can use.
£50 each if you use this link to sign up to Octopus - https://share.octopus.energy/cliff-teal-535

dooleydoo

Post by dooleydoo »

I just received my V2 and I have an Ohme Pro home charger. I have linked IO to the car and it scheduled two 30 minute sessions last night to take the car from 72 to 80%.

It did charge but didn't reach 80%. I noted when I started a manual charge that the charger was only going at 3.4K. This could explain why it didn't charge correctly at night.

Is there a way to look at the charge history, including the KW being consumed to check?

Any other tips for this setup? Some people have said to link the charger rather the car, but I couldn't get that to work, it kept failing when trying to link to Ohme.

EDIT - I tried a manual charge again this morning and it did go at 7.4KW so not an issue there.

I've not touched any charge settings in the car at all.
Born_in_MCR

Post by Born_in_MCR »

Hi see below info from a previous post on this forum & some feedback I got from Ohme, hope it help you get a reliable setup… :D

From forum:
25 May 2023 08:41
You can only use the Ohme app to do it. The Octopus app directs you to use the Ohme app. If you have an Ohme and the use the Cupra app to do it you’ll get yourself in a right pickle as Octopus would be scheduling the car charging and Ohme would be scheduling when the charger was on.

Make sure the only device on the Octopus app is your Ohme, your car is logged into to Ohme (so it knows how much charge the car has).

Have only one active Schedule in the Ohme app with the departure time you want. Plug in the car and it does the rest itself or change the schedule from the dashboard on the Ohme app after plugging in if you want something on that particular session rather than changing the routine schedule.

If everything is setup correctly is very easy to use. Get home, plug in and it will be ready when it’s supposed to be.

The only real problem when it’s set up okay is MEB cars on software version less than 3 sometimes don’t like all the weird stopping, starting an charge rate changes that are scheduled and refuse to charge above 4kW. There is a work around for it but it’s only if you’re affected by that you’re likely to find it hadn’t charged properly if everything else was setup correctly.

From Ohme:
That will have to do with the fact that currently your Cupra API account is not connected to your Ohme account.

This means that Ohme cannot retrieve your actual state of charge and will assume your battery is at 0% upon plug-in. With a schedule for 80%, Ohme will add 80% on top of what you actually had left in your battery, with a maximum of 100%, rather than reaching a target of 80%.

You can find more information on how to set your schedules without API support in this article: Choosing the right schedule for your car.

If you would like to connect your Cupra API to your Ohme account, please go to your Ohme app > Manage My EV > Switch Car.
When selecting Cupra , please log in using your Cupra app credentials when prompted to.

Good Luck
Cupra Born_V2 (58Kwh)_Geyser Silver_IO-GO...
dooleydoo

Post by dooleydoo »

It all seems to be working fine now and much of the confusion is from the change Octopus have make with IO where now there are slots outside of 2330 to 0530. This was confusing me because pretty much every time I plug in the evening it starts charging immediately, for example giving me an hour between 2000 and 2100 then doing the rest later. Apparently with the Ohme integration they can also control the charge rate so in some slots outside of the 2330 to 0530 slot it will charge more slowly.

This can be quite beneficial as if you get some charging at say 8pm any use of your oven, dishwasher etc will be charged at the cheap rate too.

I awake to a load of notifications on my phone from both Ohme and Cupra saying "your car isn't charging as expected", "we weren't able to start charging" and "charging is complete". It works despite all this noise so until it fails I'll ignore the errors...
BornSean

Post by BornSean »

Ordered our new V3 4 weeks ago, ordered a new zappi charger from octopus at same time. Rang octopus last week for a progress report and their system hadn't even acknowledged our order and payment. Raging as we live in a very secluded part of the Lake District. They apparently don't have any installers in our area and need to put it out to one of their contractors! So I don't even have an Installation date.

Octopus have said if I can find a rapid charger close to me they will put some credit onto my electroverse account so I can charge it. It took me a year to convince the wife to go full electric, maybe she had a point. 😔
dooleydoo

Post by dooleydoo »

BornSean wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:48 pm Ordered our new V3 4 weeks ago, ordered a new zappi charger from octopus at same time. Rang octopus last week for a progress report and their system hadn't even acknowledged our order and payment. Raging as we live in a very secluded part of the Lake District. They apparently don't have any installers in our area and need to put it out to one of their contractors! So I don't even have an Installation date.

Octopus have said if I can find a rapid charger close to me they will put some credit onto my electroverse account so I can charge it. It took me a year to convince the wife to go full electric, maybe she had a point. 😔
I'd suggest using a local electrician. It will be cheaper and you can probably get it sorted sooner. You also don't have to pay until the job is complete, Octopus make you pay upfront.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

A bit away from the recent thread.
I have been trying to move over to Intelligent Octopus since the end of August. My Go Tariff finished on the 6th of October and I was moved onto the Flexible tariff despite carrying out the test charge process and speaking to 3 separate agents through Sept and Oct.
Currently all I get back is the email that someone will get back to me.
Never had any problems with Octopus before!
I'm £700 in credit so it's not financial.
Anyone else having any trouble moving to IO?
Thanks
Dave
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Daveion wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:28 pm A bit away from the recent thread.

Anyone else having any trouble moving to IO?
Thanks
Dave
I've recently had a Solar Panel setup installed. I transferred to Octopus on 23rd September to the only tariff they would offer me, Flexible Octopus.
Once that was all set up, I requested a switch to Intelligent Octopus (for EV charging) and also applied for Outgoing Octopus (SEG) so I get paid for supplying my excess solar power to the grid. I've had no response on the IO request but on the SEG I have been notified that Octopus have submitted a request for an MPAN number from my energy provider. That may take a couple of weeks.
I haven't chased them up yet on the IO request since that's only been a couple of weeks. I know they are also in the process of absorbing all the customers who were on Shell Energy so they'll be pretty busy.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

I'm still unable to get moved onto IO!
I have completed the test charge 3 times now and am dealing with an Octopus Team Manager who has asked for screen shots of the App and progress. They don't know what's going wrong.
Daft questions
I've looked for a specific IO app but there isn't one right?
The test charge requires the location to be visible. If I can locate my car with the Cupra app its presumably visible? Or am I missing something!
Any help would be appreciated.
Dave
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Daveion wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:26 pm I'm still unable to get moved onto IO!
I have completed the test charge 3 times now and am dealing with an Octopus Team Manager who has asked for screen shots of the App and progress. They don't know what's going wrong.
Daft questions
I've looked for a specific IO app but there isn't one right?
The test charge requires the location to be visible. If I can locate my car with the Cupra app its presumably visible? Or am I missing something!
Any help would be appreciated.
Dave
There isn’t a specific IO app, it’s part of the Octopus app. I can’t help much with this as the Ohme doesn’t use it but you need to click on the devices icon circled. If you don’t have that you can click on the account icon in the top left, then devices and you can mange / add devices from there:

IMG_4332.jpeg