V2 Just arrived

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
Windsurfing10

Post by Windsurfing10 »

Been following forum while I waited for my Cupra Born v2 eBoost vapour Grey to arrive. Very helpful seeing all the comments and feedback as made taking delivery easier as could check for all the little things people had mentioned. Happily after ordering in July 2022 car arrived this week without issue.

5 days into having car and so far all going well. Just given it first reasonable drive of 180 miles yesterday and car performed well. Averaged 4miles/kWh which is better than expected. 50kwh charge at tesco podpoint was easy without issue.

Now fun starts as have no way of charging at home (on street parking). Is there any more reliable charging networks to look for or is it go for price and hope they are chargers are working ?

smbmetal

Post by smbmetal »

I think Zap Map might be useful as other users can note whether or not a charger is working.

https://www.zap-map.com/five-more-things-about-zap-map/

https://www.zap-map.com/faqs/zap-map/

I'm no expert but that might be a good starting point?
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Yeah, Zap Map is very useful. The free version is fine for using on a phone, but If you decide to use CarPlay or Android you may find running Zap Map within the car even more useful. You can navigate straight to available chargers all on the screen in the car. You'd need a premium subscription, £47 per year or £7.99 a month.

The native navigation is gaining charging convenience features, including plug & charge (which you can register for anyway), I may be wrong but I don't think its at the Tesla level yet where it will display charger availability etc., so Zap Map is likely best bet.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Plug Share also very useful and free. Has street view so you can identify where the charge points are actually located.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Stevo1903

Post by Stevo1903 »

Welcome along and hope you are enjoying the new Born.
Same model and colour as me 👍
How did you manage to get 4miles/kWh? I have only managed to get about 3 but most of my journeys have been an 80 mile round trip to work on mainly dual carriageway driving
I managed to get a home charger installed before getting the car although I had a 400 mile journey home from the dealer so had the pleasure of public charge points and the cost 😵‍💫
72 plate | V2 | 58Kwh | Tech L pack | Vapour Grey
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Stevo1903 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:39 pm Welcome along and hope you are enjoying the new Born.
Same model and colour as me 👍
How did you manage to get 4miles/kWh? I have only managed to get about 3 but most of my journeys have been an 80 mile round trip to work on mainly dual carriageway driving
I managed to get a home charger installed before getting the car although I had a 400 mile journey home from the dealer so had the pleasure of public charge points and the cost 😵‍💫
Off the thread a bit but it's not difficult to get 4 miles/kW if you reduce your speed and be frugal with AC. I did a Motorway run yesterday 4 up with luggage and got 3.9 miles/kW travelling at around 62 mph in ACC. AC was on most of the time at 18C.
I had a round trip of 150 miles to make and didn't want to public charge so choose when to be frugal. Doesn't take much to dip into the low 3s on short trips with 20C AC and a heavier right foot.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Windsurfing10

Post by Windsurfing10 »

Thanks for all the great feedback and comments. Loving the friendly welcome to the forum.

Will be looking at zap map via car play. Noticed that in my local area it doesn’t have listed several chargers which is strange as they have been there for few years and see people using them. Sainsbury’s and Aldi both have chargers locally but do not appear on zap map. Any idea why this might be ?

Was surprised with the 4m/kWh. Only switched have air conditioning on for about 1/4 if journey so that might have helped. Was mixed drive, A roads, B Roads, town, dual carriageway, motorway. The motorway was busy with road works for 15 miles and no higher than 50mph.
Stevo1903

Post by Stevo1903 »

I have only had my car since December. Most of my driving has been early morning and evening in the dark so lights etc on. My climate is set at 20. I guess the temperatures on Dec and Jan have been quite low here in Scotland.
Maybe I have a heavy right foot 🦶 😂
72 plate | V2 | 58Kwh | Tech L pack | Vapour Grey
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Short hops in the cold has kept my average at 3mi/kWh since getting the car last November, always got the climate at 20. More than a hop in milder temps and it’s into the mid 3s no problem.
Ben88

Post by Ben88 »

Hi everyone, I’m a newbie here.

I’m waiting on a delivery of a V2 is there anything I should look out for upon delivery like gaps etc?

Kind regards