Touchscreen updates

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

The OK button is payback time, for not having to press a start button.

Saw a classic the other day where a woman tweeted Elon that it would be much better if her Tesla stayed “on” (climate)/infotainment, while she momentarily left the car with kids/dogs in it. He agreed and said there would be an update. Just like VAG would 😂

Deleted User 490

Car has been into the dealer this week for a 3rd time, this time to fix the centre console ambient light they didn’t get to last visit.

Service manger said there had been a few software updates recently they would apply that might help with the other issues. Sadly whatever the updates were, they didn’t. Current state of play:-

1. Car turns the heated steering wheel on unwanted (always at level 2) with scheduled heating, when turned on from the app.
>> STILL NOT FIXED

2. Car forgets the “reduce volume when opening doors” setting after working once
>> STILL NOT FIXED

3. Accepting "New settings are available for your user account” causes some settings to be changed/lost
>> FIXED on previous visit

4. “Smart” Heated seats are not smart (i.e. they are not learning)
>> STILL NOT FIXED haven’t had the car back long enough to be 100%, but doesn’t seem likely

5. Wireless Charging Pad doesn’t work properly for iPhone 12 onwards
>> NOT FIXED and won’t be, Apple’s fault apparently 😆

6. LED for background lighting inside the centre console has a problem, it is only just about on
>> FIXED this time, turns out wasn’t the LED, it was a connection

7. Steering judder caused by servo oscillation
>> STILL NOT FIXED, known about but no update available yet

8. The Boot doesn’t close as well as it should, it bounces
>> I continue to adjust the stoppers to try and improve this
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Can I ask about

3. Accepting "New settings are available for your user account” causes some settings to be changed/lost

My dealer jct Leeds says there’s no current fix for this, do you know what was done ?
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
Deleted User 490

Surprising JCT don’t recognise that one. Going by this and other threads the “new settings are available….” issue is something the dealers can actually fix. My dealer says they cannot give me the details as they are internal only, but others have said on here there is a Technical Product Information (TPI2068408) that includes a dealer applied software update.
Betty b

Post by Betty b »

Thanks for that, I’ll have another try 👍
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-L | Vapour Grey
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Betty b wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:29 am Can I ask about

My dealer jct Leeds says there’s no current fix for this, do you know what was done ?
There is definitely a fix for the “new settings available”. Mine was driving mad and they did a TPI software update.

It hasn’t done it once since.
CupraVlox

Post by CupraVlox »

Just received the TPI 2068408 update today after complaining to Cupra in the Netherlands about the car forgetting its settings and the new user settings pop-up.

See that the car is back at 3.0 (0333). Did anyone else that did this TPI update see a downgrade in regular software version?
Cupra Born - Adrenaline One - 2022 - Quasar Grey
Savage

Post by Savage »

Savage wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:57 am
Thelor wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:49 pm Try ask for TPI 2068408. Please let us know if they accept to apply it. My car has 3.0 version of the infotainment and they were hesitant whereas others in another forum said it was THE remedy for them.
Thanks, Ill give them a ring sometime in the next week and see what they say.
Just an update - it took me a while to get around to contacting the dealer, but eventually I did and quoted the TPI, they did seem aware of it and it was booked in but due to my and the dealers schedules it didn't get done until yesterday.
From what I can tell, it looks like it took a couple of hours and the receipt says the car was updated as per TP report for "new user settings message fault", but it does not say what TPI number.
I set the ambient lighting to something other than default orange when I got home. That was a frequent Amnesia point for the car, the other thing it occasionally forgot was my air con and ACC settings.
We will see how it goes !
Also, when I got the car, I used OBD11 to tell the lane assist to remember last setting (in may case Off), it appears not to have affected that.
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

CupraVlox wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:29 pm Just received the TPI 2068408 update today after complaining to Cupra in the Netherlands about the car forgetting its settings and the new user settings pop-up.

See that the car is back at 3.0 (0333). Did anyone else that did this TPI update see a downgrade in regular software version?
Are you absolutely positive that yours originally shipped with 0561 (3.1/3.2). I highly doubt your Born got downgraded. What was the manufacturing date?
CupraVlox

Post by CupraVlox »

Elea4 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:33 am
CupraVlox wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:29 pm Just received the TPI 2068408 update today after complaining to Cupra in the Netherlands about the car forgetting its settings and the new user settings pop-up.

Are you absolutely positive that yours originally shipped with 0561 (3.1/3.2). I highly doubt your Born got downgraded. What was the manufacturing date?
Not originally as the car is from early 2022, but it received the 3.1 update after the "recall"

https://www.autovdheide.nl/software-update-cupra-born

Could be that I was informed incorrectly by the garage though, as I've seen in other posts that the one edition update is a light version of 3.1 after the battery and software update.

I'm in contact with Cupra now to check what the deal is as I'm rather confused now.. :roll:
Cupra Born - Adrenaline One - 2022 - Quasar Grey