Touchscreen updates

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

un_born wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:44 pm So this update TPI 2069354/1 will fix the occasional judder from the steering wheel on steering lock and pulling off?
The post is very clear about the circumstances when the steering servo goes into self-oscillation - here's a translation:

https://www-born--forum-de.translate.go ... #post34581

Otherwise what you might be experiencing is simple physics under specific conditions: the rear motor is pushing the car and the rotated front wheels are losing traction.

un_born

Post by un_born »

Originally I thought it was the front wheels losing traction but after experiencing it more, it's definitely more a mechanical issue than friction. I'll wait for the TPI resolution.

Mine is going into a 'friendly' dealer in April to sort out the rear cam. The supplying dealer looked at it 1st and fobbed me off with a software up etc...yeah, can update software on a rear cam... :roll:

The friendly dealer looked at his system and dug out the history and said they sure billed Cupra enough for the 'work' they carried out! :D

He said he has an ID4 with identical issue and that the rear cams are in UK stock, so he will get one ordered in and swapped out. Car is booked in for 3 days (with courtesy car) to have time to order parts.

When it's in, I'll ask them to check for the TPI for the constant screen update and the steering.

Thx for the help.
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Rach1987 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:22 pm I do about 27k miles a year, so I am charging 4 nights a week - ish. I am not a conspiracy person in any way.... but I just don't trust smart meters
Blimey, you’d save about £1900 a year with Octopus Intelligent on that mileage.

My car has been driving me nuts forgetting settings lately. I was waiting for an OTA update but I’ve had enough. The cars is booked in so I’ll try mentioning the update talked about in this thread 🤞
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Car has been into dealer, outcome so far. 1-4 and 6 will be resolved by an update but the media controller is not communicating properly so that needs replacing first, on back order. The wireless charging pad will not work well with iPhone 12 and above due to Apple moving the MagSafe and coil. There is a steering tpi but it isn’t available yet. Nothing wrong with boot.
Born Leccy wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:55 pm Interesting and thanks for sharing. The booking for mine to go in for diagnostics eventually arrives this Thursday. I’ve mentioned the TPI2068408 fix to them, would be great if it resolved 1-4!

1. Car turns the heated steering wheel on unwanted (always at level 2) with scheduled heating or from the app
2. Car forgets the “reduce volume when opening doors” setting after working once
3. If I accept "New settings are available for your user account” some settings are changed/lost
e.g. if heated seats are on, they are turned off
e.g. if background lighting is set to “Drive Profile” it is changed to “Individual”
e.g. Smart Assist ACC settings "Response to road layout", "response to end of queue" and "response to speed limit" are switched off
4. “Smart” Heated seats are not smart (i.e. they are not learning)
5. Wireless Charging Pad doesn’t work (this is part of an expensive option pack Tech L
6. LED for background lighting inside the centre console has a problem
7. There is an unpleasant steering judder that needs checking please
8. Last but not least the Boot doesn’t close as well as it should, it bounces
Deleted User 425

Post by Deleted User 425 »

Good to hear some progress!
items 1 to 4 is that an OTA update due soon or dealer applied update?
What symptoms did you experience or the dealer notice to identify the Media controller needing replacement?
Deleted User 490

These are dealer applied updates that are part of a TPI to resolve a fault is my understanding, but whether they end up being part of a OTA I’m not sure 🤔

It’s the dealer who decided the media controller needed replacing, they would have applied the update they reckoned would fix the issues 1-4, 6 I had, but couldn’t without replacing the controller first. Said it would be approx 10 days then the car could go back in for that as they didn’t know when the steering update would be ready so didn’t want to wait for that.
Deleted User 425

Please post the TPI number once your confident its worked, I’m holding off seeing the dealer with the same issues, I’d feel a lot more confident once a TPI solution is known.

Good luck.
TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

If OTA updates won’t solve these problems then VAG are going to be in serious trouble. They have sold cars that have software that isn’t fit for purpose.

It is highly improbable that some of the cars have faulty hardware that is causing the faults so many people are experiencing. My guess is that OTA updates are bricking so many cars they won’t do them and if you put it in for a warranty repair they patch them at the dealership.

The reason I’ve booked mine in (apart from it doing my head in asking to apply and undo settings) is so the problem with my car is logged. I’ve bought mine outright and I’ll be suing them if they don’t give me a full refund if they can’t fix the issues by the time the car is a year old.
Deleted User 425

I'm in exactly the same position, bought outright. The frustration the issues create is beyond ignorable, the only solitude its the same on the German owners forum site (probably worse, as they've had the cars longer, ie built with generation 2 software!)

This British forum site seems to have a limited number of regular contributors, but they are all saying the same, Cupra has to accept its their responsibility, the product has to be fit for purpose a basic requirement of consumer protection law. Knowingly promoting features to tempt buyers that subsequently don't function reliably could be considered as deliberately misleading, add to which the distraction the driver can suffer trying to correct them whilst driving is dangerous. What really annoys me is there is no acknowledgment or timeline being offered by Cupra to the owners, we are all being left to contest alone.

It's such a nice car to drive, that is the only reason I'm still holding on, but I'll admit I've started looking at alternatives, which without doubt won't be a VAG product, most likely it will be from Asia or owned by Asians ie a Geely owned brand. Sunday I'm testing an Ioniq 5 on an extended drive, and for sure I'll be fully exploring the infotainment system and the App!

If you have any success after the dealer visit, I'll try my dealership, otherwise I'm avoiding taking mine in as I worry the dealership know less that Cupra support, who know less than us.

Good luck.
Deleted User 490

Great minds think alike, feel the same way, bought mine outright and have also been looking at EGMP (plus Tesla). I much prefer the turning radius and size of the Born, great around town as well as a decent cruiser and still love its looks. Would love to hear how you get in with the Ioniq 5 though.