Touchscreen updates

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Savage

Post by Savage »

Kaygee wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:14 am Hi Rach,
There is a fix to stop the settings continually altering. You need to go to your dealer and tell them.
I had mine done last week and all settings I have set have remained.
It took around 2hrs at the dealers.
Keith
What is the name/number of the fix to ask for ?
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.

Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

Unfortunately I don't have the fix number, but my car is back in next week to have a new Dash fitted as the fitting of new clips to resolve the popped dash did not work.

As for the software update to resolve the "New settings" issue, I certainly have not had any further problems.
V2 BORN 58 Vapor Grey
Ordered 22/3/22
Delivered/ picked up 9/6/22
UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

I’ve just had my car back from the dealer today and they’ve applied some software updates. They are as follows:
  • ID.Software: 3.0.0
  • Display unit/control panel hardware: H43
  • Display unit/control panel software: 6082
  • Software: 0333
Would be good to know how that compares to your car too please.
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Keen to know which versions of software will leave settings unchanged between restarts. Wife will go mad if she need to reset lane assist for every journey! Our V3 arriving mid to late March.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Savage

Post by Savage »

@Shahev, Lane assist will not change, all VW group cars reset it to on by default for at least the last couple of years.. It can be set to remember last setting in OBD11, so if you have OBD11 or know someone nearby who has it, you can do it that way.
Savage

Post by Savage »

@Uniqueuser1, does your car now remember ambient light settings etc ? Curious as to the hardware update, as it seems implied hardware is part of the fix.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

@Savage many thanks
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Thelor

Post by Thelor »

Savage wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:10 am
Kaygee wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:14 am Hi Rach,
There is a fix to stop the settings continually altering. You need to go to your dealer and tell them.
I had mine done last week and all settings I have set have remained.
It took around 2hrs at the dealers.
Keith
What is the name/number of the fix to ask for ?
Try ask for TPI 2068408. Please let us know if they accept to apply it. My car has 3.0 version of the infotainment and they were hesitant whereas others in another forum said it was THE remedy for them.
Deleted User 614

Post by Deleted User 614 »

We have run the numbers too. We don't use much electric during the day really, only the oven at 6pm. But I am TOTALLY against smart meters, and that alone keeps me away.

Got in the car yesterday. Update available... no thanks. But it then just constantly wears you down by asking every 90 seconds. So you end up saying yes just to get it over with.

LEDs changed colour, heating went up to 24, heated seat went to 3? WTF. Why is it messing with the heated seat!

Next morning its 10 deg outside and I get in to heated seats on 3 and the steering wheel on 3. Madness.

I have turned off the learning thing (I think). Pointless.

Anyone know if Seat are planning a 12 week evening course in how to operate the heating system? Auto, fan speeds, random numbers. Adds a level of interest I suppose.

Now has anyone else had a moment where they feel the car has gone 'light'? It did it to me again on the way home. The back end suddenly got squirrely and I kinda drifted around a roundabout and then at the next junction the back end swam about again. The steering wheel also felt lighter. Certainly didn't feel 'right'. I drive this thing 2.5hrs a day approx and it's usually pretty planted.

Checked the driving mode... still in comfort. I have had this once before where all of a sudden, I had a mile or so where the steering felt very different.

If I take it to the dealer.... they will just keep it for a day and give it back. Nothing to find if it's only occasionally. Weird.

Pretty sure I am not going Born again (lol), but trouble is... I don't like anything else Seat/Cupra, so they might lose me. Shame, as the car is nice.
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

It inconvenient but your only way to get anywhere is to get it into a cupra workshop for diagnostics I’d say. The issues you’re seeing are beyond the typical annoyances!

If you dont mind me asking, why do you reject smart meters so forcibly?