Touchscreen updates

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Savage

Post by Savage »

Thelor wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:49 pm Try ask for TPI 2068408. Please let us know if they accept to apply it. My car has 3.0 version of the infotainment and they were hesitant whereas others in another forum said it was THE remedy for them.
Thanks, Ill give them a ring sometime in the next week and see what they say.
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.

UniqueUser1

Post by UniqueUser1 »

Savage wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:43 am @Uniqueuser1, does your car now remember ambient light settings etc ? Curious as to the hardware update, as it seems implied hardware is part of the fix.
Yes it does. The pop up for applying new user settings seemed to have calmed down too.
Cupra Born V2 | Geyser Silver | Tech L Pack
Deleted User 614

Post by Deleted User 614 »

I do about 27k miles a year, so I am charging 4 nights a week - ish. I am not a conspiracy person in any way.... but I just don't trust smart meters
RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

In support of this, I have been contacting Cupra Customer Support regarding the frequent "updated Settings" resetting random items. They took a few days to look into it and replied today saying that they could not resolve it remotely and that I should book into a workshop for the TPI2068408 fix.

I called Cupra Swindon and they will agree to book the car in for the "repair" but couldn't do it immediately because their booking system is being updated. They confirmed that they were aware of the fix and a few other have had it applied.

I will update when the fix has been applied.
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Interesting and thanks for sharing. The booking for mine to go in for diagnostics eventually arrives this Thursday. I’ve mentioned the TPI2068408 fix to them, would be great if it resolved 1-4!

1. Car turns the heated steering wheel on unwanted (always at level 2) with scheduled heating or from the app
2. Car forgets the “reduce volume when opening doors” setting after working once
3. If I accept "New settings are available for your user account” some settings are changed/lost
e.g. if heated seats are on, they are turned off
e.g. if background lighting is set to “Drive Profile” it is changed to “Individual”
e.g. Smart Assist ACC settings "Response to road layout", "response to end of queue" and "response to speed limit" are switched off
4. “Smart” Heated seats are not smart (i.e. they are not learning)
5. Wireless Charging Pad doesn’t work (this is part of an expensive option pack Tech L
6. LED for background lighting inside the centre console has a problem
7. There is an unpleasant steering judder that needs checking please
8. Last but not least the Boot doesn’t close as well as it should, it bounces
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Born Leccy wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:55 pm
Ask your dealer about the new TPI 2069354/1.

It's a software problem whereby the software controlling the steering servo within a specific range of larger steering angles starts to ripple unintentionally - which causes steering wheel vibrations:

https://www.born-forum.de/forum/thread/ ... #post34581
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

5. Wireless Charging Pad doesn’t work (this is part of an expensive option pack Tech L
fwiw the part is pretty common across the entire VW group: 5NA980611

This unit also couples the mobile phone to a secondary signal booster which is routed to the external antenna.

I know this was discussed a lot in the other thread, but I wonder if it's the angle here compared to other VW vehicles where it's used without issue. Or whether it has to do with how the mobile signal booster interacts with the mobile's internal radio...
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Thanks for that @Elea4, I’ll pass that info to them,
Interesting about the steering.

FWIW I had an ID3 and the wireless charger worked perfectly well, yes it’s more upright as I remember. In the Born it will work occasionally and then a message comes up about being unable to charge due to objects in the tray, there are none of course.
un_born

Post by un_born »

Elea4 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:28 pm
fwiw the part is pretty common across the entire VW group: 5NA980611

This unit also couples the mobile phone to a secondary signal booster which is routed to the external antenna.

I know this was discussed a lot in the other thread, but I wonder if it's the angle here compared to other VW vehicles where it's used without issue. Or whether it has to do with how the mobile signal booster interacts with the mobile's internal radio...
I think with the wireless charging its where your phone has the pick up located. On my wifes iphone 13Max, she cant get it to wireless at all. With my Oppo Find X3 pro, I have no problem at all.
un_born

Post by un_born »

Elea4 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:14 pm
Ask your dealer about the new TPI 2069354/1.

It's a software problem whereby the software controlling the steering servo within a specific range of larger steering angles starts to ripple unintentionally - which causes steering wheel vibrations:

https://www.born-forum.de/forum/thread/ ... #post34581
So this update TPI 2069354/1 will fix the occasional judder from the steering wheel on steering lock and pulling off?