"New settings available" resetting my settings

All CUPRA Born related discussions
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

Good afternoon

Had my Born since September and have an on going problem with it and the dealer has finally agreed to book it in to look at it. But basically I get a message on the screen saying new settings available do you want to apply them yes or no. Press yes and suddenly my heating defaults to 22c on auto and my ACC aids will all turn off. Pretty damn dangerous! Where is it getting these new settings from? How do I stop this happening? Pressing no just means it flashes back up again sometimes within 5 minutes of driving. I am getting this daily, sometimes twice a day. I have already reset the car once, and tried removing my account and adding myself again. Samething.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, the dealer is unable to see the car before 1st March.

I have some other issues too, but will keep those for another post. All software issues so VW's fault really.

Deleted User 425

Post by Deleted User 425 »

Ditto issue since August, with no known solution.

Tried the usual suggestions ie log in and out of account, constantly sync my account through infotainment screen settings, tried deactivate personalisation in the App services, basically nothing has worked.

I'd be interested if your dealer has a solution? So far I've avoided going to mine as I don't want to come home with more issues than I started with.

FYI the infotainment system sound settings - reduce volume when opening drivers door only ever works once ie after you activate it, then defaults to 0 reduction, I'd guess yours is the same?

Good luck.
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

My dealer only said the reset they do is more in-depth than I can do via the infotainment system.... also possible software update, I have version 3.0 at the moment. While nothing is coming through OTA they said their engineer can load the latest version he has available.

Another odd bug I had with my id3 and its the same on my born is if both front windows are open a little and I pull both triggers to close both the passenger will close but the drivers side fully opens. Everytime....
Another bug, since factory resetting via the infotainment it added all DAB stations as favourites and I mean every station.
Another bug, the latest android mobile app no longer shows total distance travelled
Another bug, I am unable to join Intelligent Octopus. Octopus say I need location services enabled in the car, I have sent them a picture showing my infotainment screens shows it as on and locate my car works.

But there are less issues with the Born than the id3 I had. Born for the win, even my freak build version. v1 car with the 19" v2 wheels :-)
dav0001

Post by dav0001 »

I have the same issues none of my settings retain the door opening volume really pisses me off. I have a constant fight with that one.
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

I have a host of issues that the dealer is looking at later this month, including the door opening volume setting. Accepting “new settings available” resets the seat heating (which never learns) to off on mine. The most annoying bug is the steering wheel heating often comes on at level 2 (very hot) at start up, despite “depending on temperature” for that being off.