Key batteries

All CUPRA Born related discussions
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

How's everyone's key batteries holding out? After 8 months, the key batteries for both cars seems to be giving out.

The ID3s' keys were fine after a year. I do remember reading somewhere that the ID3's fobs were very fussy on battery type, needing a specific Varta one. I will have to dig around on the other forum sites to find out the specifics.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

viking2010

Post by viking2010 »

I've had to replace the battery twice in one key, but the other one is fine. I've had the car since June last year, so 7 months. I said to the garage about it and they said they're always on and constantly broadcasting. But I don't think other cars I've had with similar functionality key wise have had this short a life span.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:56 pm How's everyone's key batteries holding out? After 8 months, the key batteries for both cars seems to be giving out.

The ID3s' keys were fine after a year. I do remember reading somewhere that the ID3's fobs were very fussy on battery type, needing a specific Varta one. I will have to dig around on the other forum sites to find out the specifics.
Got my car the same week as you. I don't rotate the keys so the one that's in constant use is so far so good.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
davmatjo

Post by davmatjo »

Had mine since July using one key only, so far no issues. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it depends on how much you move around during the day with your keys. The keys are supposed to go to sleep after 5m idle or so right? So if you're moving constantly one would assume the keys use more battery broadcasting constantly.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

davmatjo wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:19 pm Had mine since July using one key only, so far no issues. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it depends on how much you move around during the day with your keys. The keys are supposed to go to sleep after 5m idle or so right? So if you're moving constantly one would assume the keys use more battery broadcasting constantly.
That could be it, my front door key is on my car key, so even out walking the dog, the car key comes for a walk too.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565