Delete Destinations

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Splitpin

Post by Splitpin »

The destination list in my navigation system is now building up and I would like to delete some of them that are no longer deeded. Does anybody know how to do this as I have tried every button I can find with no luck. Nothing is mentioned in the manual or Cupra online videos.
Thanks

Born_in_MCR

Post by Born_in_MCR »

Hi, not sure if the below from manual works for this task?

Saved data
The infotainment system saves certain data, for
example, frequent routes and position data, to
make the entry of the destination more agile
and optimise the route guidance.

Delete saved data
• Press Settings > Basic function settings >
Delete and then Accept.
Cupra Born_V2 (58Kwh)_Geyser Silver_IO-GO...
Splitpin

Post by Splitpin »

Many thanks for this but sadly it didn't work.
However after sitting in the car for ages I found the answer.
With your list of destinations on the screen and the one you want to delete in view, on the right hand side of the screen are 2 arrows very close together, put your finger on these and swipe to the left, a dustbin will appear where they were. Then just touch the dustbin and that destination will disappear !!!!
Why is everything on the Born so difficult to find out ?
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

Because it was designed by a chimp.

When it shows you 3 possible routes to your destination on the map (before the guidance starts), how do you select which option you want? If you touch the screen anywhere, it thinks that is your new destination.

The whole thing is frankly useless
Splitpin

Post by Splitpin »

I found a way round this.
If you are given a choice of perhaps 2 or 3 routes eg 1, +15 mins, another + 33 mins and your direct route 2hr 40 mins only touch the large circle with the triangle on it at your start point. This will take you back to where you are starting from and along that stretch of road you will see the 3 times, ie 2hr 40min, a little further +15 mins and perhaps the other way the +33 mins route. Press on the time which is the route you want to take.
So if you press 2hr 40 min then you will be taken the direct route, press the +15min to take the slightly longer route or +33 for the scenic tour !
You can alter this by pressing the big round button with triangle in again to go back to start point and alter it again.
Hope tHis makes some sense. Good luck
Deleted User 456

I just don't get the logic. Don't show me 3 routes if it isn't possible (or at least obvious), how to pick them.
I spend FAR too much time with my eyes off the road twatting around with this touchscreen
Just tried what you suggested and it didn't work :roll:
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Why not use CarPlay/Android plus your maps/navigation of choice?
Deleted User 456

Well because then I don't get the HUD information from the sat/nav.
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

You do with CarPlay/Apple Maps, but if you’re Android then I guess not.

I used Apple Maps because of that but it doesn’t show much so using Google Maps in satellite maps mode at the moment which is very nice.