Scraping Noise when coming out of Full lock

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Yep, I feel that vibration when manoeuvring or at standstill. Mine is in next month to check settings and heated steering wheel glitches, this will go on the list too.

daern

Post by daern »

Yup, this particular one happens on mine too. Almost feels like a wheel sliding on a loose surface. Would be interested to know what the underlying cause is, but not losing sleep over it.
un_born

Post by un_born »

Same here. I thought it was just the tyres loosing grip. only ever get it pulling away from stand still and with steering off centre, usually near full lock.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Quite a few of us have noticed something on the steering although the description of the effect varies a bit owner to owner.
I'm not visiting the dealership any time soon so any updates from those who do would be nice to know.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
AJ-born

Post by AJ-born »

I’m getting a similar vibrating felt through the steering wheel. Normally more noticeable making sharp turns at a load speed and sometimes can happen at a standstill / turning to park. It can be random and It feels more like a juddering as if a driving aid is kicking in. I’m going to try to go through all variations of turning on/off driving aids and driving modes to see if it effects anything. Was going to take it in but it seems they aren’t concerned and nothing has been found from the earlier posts.
Deleted User 490

Mine went in to dealer and they said there is a TPI but the software update isn’t ready yet, so it will go back in when it is.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Born Leccy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:59 am Mine went in to dealer and they said there is a TPI but the software update isn’t ready yet, so it will go back in when it is.
TPI?
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Deleted User 490

Technical Product Information, terminology the VW group uses
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

un_born wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:54 am Same here. I thought it was just the tyres loosing grip. only ever get it pulling away from stand still and with steering off centre, usually near full lock.
I get it about half lock pulling away fast, eg turning out of a junction quickly. Definitely feels like the front wheels scrabbling for grip, as the Conti 6 tyres have worn a little. Only started a few weeks ago. Never happened with the ID3, but still not convinced there's an actual fault.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

For all those complaining about the brake binding noise, try turning off Auto Hold and see if that makes a difference.

I personally like Auto Hold and so I just tolerate the noise.

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:22 pm I get it about half lock pulling away fast, eg turning out of a junction quickly. Definitely feels like the front wheels scrabbling for grip, as the Conti 6 tyres have worn a little. Only started a few weeks ago. Never happened with the ID3, but still not convinced there's an actual fault.
Was your steering angle near the limit?

If so, this is definitely TPI 2069354/1 whereby the steering motor goes into some kind of hysteresis oscillation at around 200 degrees of rotation. It can feel like the wheels are slipping but it's not that at all.