Something else doesn't work..... breathe..... don't rant

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

Born Leccy wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:25 am Indeed, the EV side of the Born is good…
You’re absolutely correct!

Still, I enjoy people’s rants and opinions about a not-that-cheap car:)
Cupra Born since ‘22

Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

That was a bad day. I get up at 4.45am to commute and do 14+ hr days. When it's -9 outside, I don't want my app to consistently tell me 'nope'.

I stretched myself to buy this car, and as someone who designs electronic and electrical systems, it just baffles me when this stuff goes out with flaws I consider to be pretty obvious.

The cameras for the safety features. Put a small defrost element over the camera or at least make sure the front defrost can actually clear it in a reasonable time. Maybe a small water jet to keep them clean. They are safety features after all.

I don't really consider us 'early adopters' of this touchscreen. That was the id3 community. I just wish Seat had made a bit of an effort to refine it, seeing as it became obvious pretty quick it was poo in the VW world.

Anyway.... whaa whaa...

Cost to own? Well it isn't going to be the bank balance saver we were promised, but then I knew that.

I love the car. I really do.

Would I buy another? At this point.... hmm. When the time comes to change it, I'll see how the world had progressed
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Yeah, the app is inconsistent, sometimes it launches fine but the car’s status doesn’t show it’s just those greyed out lines. The Battery screen also shows meaningless or different data, killing the app and restarting resolves that sometimes. Another thing you could try if you aren’t already is set up air conditioning schedules, which get sent to the car and will execute wether the app is working or not on those cold mornings.

Agree with you about early adoption, early VW ID software was genuinely dodgy. Mine was always throwing errors or would go offline. Once it got to version 2.4 it had improved to the point where it wasn’t doing anything wrong. My Born on 3.1 doesn’t do anything like the ID3 did, it just has the random steering wheel heating and forgetting the reduce volume when opening door setting. Progress ;)
Deleted User 456

Does anyone else's steering wheel get untouchably hot on setting 1? I could brand cattle with it
Deleted User 490

Ha, it’s too hot yes, would like it to be just warm enough to not be cold on setting 1. My car’s random heating sets it to level 2, way too hot.
MikeBornV2

Post by MikeBornV2 »

Stevolution wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:02 pm Does anyone else's steering wheel get untouchably hot on setting 1? I could brand cattle with it
It seems inconsistent for sure. Sometimes on 1, it's just fine, and sometimes it's hot enough that I have to wear oven mitts.
V2, no eBoost, in Blue.
Took the DCC and panoramic roof options.
Deleted User 456

OK. Now I am not turning into Victor Meldrew... am I missing something here? (apart from pressing OK quick enough)...

Got in at 5.30am... peeing with rain. Double twist to engage drive and we are off. Missed the 'OK' profile button, so now I have no sat/nav or ability to control any media. All greyed out.
Music playing, but can only turn off the entire info system. Can't select anything that will give me access to my profile.

So, my only option is to stop, park, GET OUT THE CAR in the rain and then get back in to reset everything. Press OK and reselect drive. OK, now we are good.

Stop at a garage bit later and grab a coffee.... and I do the same thing again. It's so annoying. Stop, get out.... Hmm, the future.

Come on, why isn't there any way of selecting my profile, if I miss that initial OK?

Yes, user error I suppose, but having to get out of a car to fix a software issue is backwards. Bring back ignition keys.
Deleted User 490

Yes, that is a pain, I wonder why there isn’t an option to automatically select the user if you only have one user set up, maybe something to do with privacy.

I also have a Victor Meldrew to share, this time about the app. It’s been telling me the car is in Offline mode via that banner across the bottom of the screen since yesterday. The user privacy settings in the car it tells you to check are all as they should be, the car displays a 4G signal and the app is showing current car data. App being flakey is all I can conclude from that.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

It's a pain when the menu freezes up. I have learnt to not move off of the drive until it wakes up properly and I confirm user. If I forget it sometimes responds to a reset of the infotainment screen on the go.
Like Born Leccy my car is in a period of off-line mode. 4 days now. The car shows 4G, sat nav works but no communication from the app.
I'm not sure if this right but should there also be a an Internet globe icon on the info screen top RH side to show connection status?
If it continues I will try the fuse 19 fix. I deleted and reinstalled the app but its the same.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Deleted User 425

Post by Deleted User 425 »

It seems to me that there are so many of us Born owners suffering from the infotainment / App issues that maybe the Forum members unite and we make a formal complaint to the Cupra UK MD, after all they want it to be a growing brand which owner referrals contribute considerably to that growth. I'm certainly loving the cars design and usage other than the infuriating infotainment setting memory loss, the constant notification I'm not logged in, and the App which works 50% of the time.

Could the Forum start a list of members common problems, then we can calculate how many of us are suffering the same.

Comparing to Cupra customer support has got me no where, the dealers do not any more (or are choosing not to?), so we put up and shut up. Remember the sale of goods act "A product has to be fit for purpose" ie do what it's advertised to do.

Lastly there's the subject of over the air updates, I was led to believe pre purchase that any updates ie software updates would be OTA, if that's the case why are we not getting version 3.1? newly supplied vehicles are being supplied with it, so its available, Does that mean its a main dealer update only?

Sorry for the rant, but I've owned mine for nearly 5 months now and enough is enough!!!!

Ahhhhhh Off for a lie down.