Front doors - touch unlock not working

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

OK. I cleaned both front handles with hot water and now it works again.

You touch the handle on the inside (left) to open, and touch the small pad on the outside to lock. Working again now.

Dealer said its a known cold thing and that his Leon does the same (but they would check it if it didn't work after I warmed it up).

Tech is fine.... until it's not

Nacaduct

Post by Nacaduct »

Stevolution wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:08 pm Dealer said its a known cold thing…
I love that it is known and not fixed😂
Cupra Born since ‘22
Deleted User 456

Yep... welcome to the new age

Works fine today
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

Tesla official advice for their earlier model 3's with frozen door handles is to form your hand into a fist and start thumping the door - no joke, google it if you're interested! The novelty of trying to explain to people how to open the flush door handles wears off quickly too. When they don't quite open it fully and the window drops and closes and drops and closes very quickly and repeatedly which frightens them so they stop trying leaving the door half open, window jammed against the door frame and so it goes... Believe me, these doors and handles are so much better even with the quirks. Frameless doors are awful, had icing issues on a Scirocco too, puts me off immediately when I see them now.
Benjo88

Post by Benjo88 »

I am also having this exact issue. It has to be due to temperature maybe? Mine has stopped working since the recent drop in temperature? I do remember doing an update on the infotainment system few weeks back… maybe this was the issue? not sure
Cupra Born | V1 | Tech L Pack | Greyser Silver | Newcastle (North East|
Benjo88

Post by Benjo88 »

I am also having this exact issue. It has to be due to temperature maybe? Mine has stopped working since the recent drop in temperature? I do remember doing an update on the infotainment system few weeks back… maybe this was the issue? not sure
Cupra Born | V1 | Tech L Pack | Greyser Silver | Newcastle (North East|
Michaelyzf1

Post by Michaelyzf1 »

Hello Everyone

Keyless hasn't worked for about 2 weeks now, it is cold in north east tho.

Will not open using inside of handle but it will lock using the outside of handle.

Charging speeds have been impacted a lot too. When it is really cold -5 the speed starts at 8miles per hour, speeds up as it warms up.

Still love the car tho.

I don't like the infotainment, the car doesn't like the cold. LOL
V2 / 58kw e-B / T-pack L / Raleigh Red
Deleted User 456

This is a cold thing. For me the line in the sand seems to be -3 deg. Above that, all fine.... below that, only the lock part works
KEV1L

Post by KEV1L »

Mine is the same, never had this issue with my old Ateca though. But yeah, can keyless lock but not unlock now it’s gotten cold.
Cupra Born V2 | Tech-M | Aurora Blue