Car forgetting settings

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Rather than hijack somebody else’s thread, I have these issues with our car seemingly forgetting settings. I’m trying to get to bottom of it with the dealer I bought from but it would help very much to know if these issues are happing on other people’s cars or it is something specific to mine.

We think there is an issue with certain settings being saved (or not) within the driver profile which is stored by the Cupra servers so that multiple driver profiles can be used on the same car/Cupra account.

We have one User profile set up on our car as we don't especially want different settings. Despite the simplicity of that, our car does not retain certain settings for steering wheel heating and volume. I have the "turn on steering wheel heating depending on outside temperature" set to Off (and don't switch the wheel heating on via Clima), but the car insists on turning it on back on and we end up with a heated wheel when we don’t want it to be. With volume settings I set the "reduce infotainment volume when opening doors" setting to 4, it works once but the car keeps changing this back to 0, therefore not reducing the volume when the doors are opened any more.

I'm in conversation with the ever helpful customer experience person at the dealer but we can't get to the bottom of it, other than strongly suspect there is a bug or two in action, perhaps with the user profile sync and store process.

Anybody else had issues with their car forgetting these particular settings? Thanks in advance.

Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

Yea. I long since abandoned setting anything. I just live with defaults these days
Deleted User 490

Ha, thing is I think the “switch in steering wheel heating depending on temperature” default is Off, but the car seems to ignore that
TomMurray

Post by TomMurray »

It isn't just you, lots of people commenting on it.
viewtopic.php?t=281

Mine forgets all sorts of tings every so often. My wife keeps accusing me of changing the interior illumination...
Deleted User 490

Ah, I should have searched on Amnesia!

Seems that a relatively recently built car running 3.1 can still have amnesia, perhaps a little milder and about different things :lol:
williefixit

Post by williefixit »

Our car's "Amnesia" was the following switching off: V2X, ACC (Response to road layout, response to end of queue and response to speed limit), mirror sync / dip and background light colour changing to orange.
There's a dealer fix available which was installed just before Christmas and it's 100% stable so far.
Savage

Post by Savage »

Dealer fix ? was it Software 3.1 ?
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.
Deleted User 490

My car is running 3.1 and it has those same problems and a couple of others. Wouldn’t mind betting these issues are related to the user sync process. For example, I noticed the background lighting change from blue to orange at the same time as a user setting sync had taken place.
Savage

Post by Savage »

So presumably you log in, set how you want lights colour, dipping mirrors on reverse, air con settings etc, how do you then update that to be your default ?
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.
Deleted User 490

In theory, go to the user app and perform a manual sync. I say in theory as I have done that a few times and it sometimes retains my settings for a day or even a few days but doesn’t rerun them properly, so something seems to be awry.