Hi all !

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
Savage

Post by Savage »

Will soon be taking delivery of a Born, my first EV and my second Cupra.
It will be an interesting journey !
Cupra Born V2 58KWh AFV 230 Auto E-Boost with Tech Pack L in Geyser Silver.

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Welcome to the forum. It's a great car.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Savage wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:50 pm Will soon be taking delivery of a Born, my first EV and my second Cupra.
It will be an interesting journey !
That is great. What kind of updates did you get from your dealer? With my BMW we knew when it was being manufactured but for my wife's Born order we don't seem to being very much in terms of updates.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Savage

Post by Savage »

The car was in group stock , so its just a case of going through the new Cupra system:
https://www.cupraofficial.co.uk/about-c ... 4wLjAuMA..
Savage

Post by Savage »

A bi of a bumpy ride with the new cupra system, and a change of tac, I have now had the car since just before xmas.
My phone doesn't seem able to get the colour right as it looks more grey than silver, but it is silver honest !
Finally had a clear day to get it washed and a coat of Fusso99 wax on, like I say not the best pic, I'll have to wait for better weather and hopefully I can get some decent shots in the countryside !

cb2.jpg

Last edited by Savage on Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Beautiful! My wife's Born also silver and we're still waiting for manufacturing and delivery.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Savage

Post by Savage »

When did you order ?

Since I collected, I have put on mudguards, fitted FitcamX, Installed dog-guard, put a neoprene lining in door pocket and armrest console bottom and made a few tweaks with OBD11. Chiefly making the car remember I prefer to have lane assist off !
Pity there isn't an OBD11 setting to change default ambient light colour as it tends to forget every now and then and defaults to orange.
There may be a new set of wheels and all season tyres on the horizon if I can find a combo I am happy with !
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

Very nice, great colour ;)

Like the sound of the neoprene lining, my wife tends to have stuff in the pockets that’s prone to rattling! How did you sort that?
Savage

Post by Savage »

It wasnt my idea, I copied JGriff from this thread: viewtopic.php?t=516
I used a bit of double sided tape on the wavy bit at the bottom, and tucked the edge in at the front, left loose for the rest. The armrest was just cut to fit and placed in.

Amazon have a mat set for an ID3, but I looked at it and suspect it doesn't fit as I think the door cards are different.
I also have no use for cup holders, so do have a small storage tray coming that fits in one cupholder place:
Stevo1903

Post by Stevo1903 »

Savage wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:12 pm When did you order ?

Since I collected, I have put on mudguards, fitted FitcamX, Installed dog-guard, put a neoprene lining in door pocket and armrest console bottom and made a few tweaks with OBD11. Chiefly making the car remember I prefer to have lane assist off !
Pity there isn't an OBD11 setting to change default ambient light colour as it tends to forget every now and then and defaults to orange.
There may be a new set of wheels and all season tyres on the horizon if I can find a combo I am happy with !
Hi there - Interested to hear your thoughts on the FitCamX. I had a Nextbase dashcam in my old car and managed to hide the power cable up thru the interior quite well but it fell off the windscreen quite a few times due to the suction mount failing in hot or cold weather. There FitCamX look good and pretty easy to fit

Thanks
72 plate | V2 | 58Kwh | Tech L pack | Vapour Grey