My Cupra App not working tonight

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
daern

Post by daern »

The issue should now be resolved. Until next time, anyway ;-)

RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

Hello everyone, it appears to be the next time! The night of 2/3 October and I have found that the car has not charged overnight because it looks like the backend of the Cupra app is down again.

All features (doors and lights, engine, battery) are reporting “not active”.

Let’s see how long it takes for Cupra to resolve it at their end this time. I guess it is the 3 monthly expiry of the certificate again.
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

RKJM30 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:28 am Hello everyone, it appears to be the next time! The night of 2/3 October and I have found that the car has not charged overnight because it looks like the backend of the Cupra app is down again.

All features (doors and lights, engine, battery) are reporting “not active”.

Let’s see how long it takes for Cupra to resolve it at their end this time. I guess it is the 3 monthly expiry of the certificate again.
I'll send Cupra a fiver for the 3 monthly certificate. Whip round for the rest of the year? 😎
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
CupraCool

Post by CupraCool »

Don't they realise how much damage this incompetence costs them in regards to repeat customers?
How hard is it to keep an (very basic) app working in 2023 :?

As the (absolutely stupid idea) Cupra listens forum thing is going to find out..... it peeves a lot of people.

I for one won't touch another Seat/Cupra unless they radically fix the tech side of things in the next round of cars.
RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

And again, the app back end appears to be down. I have found this at about 0900UTC 4th Nov 2023.

Who knows when they will get it back up and running. While it is down, Intelligent Octopus customers’ cars will not start charging if/when commanded by Octopus as the system appears to use access to the app to send start/stop charge commands.

Anyone else noticed the app is down this morning?
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus
Ponk

Post by Ponk »

App is up and down like a ****** k******s.

You can contact them directly (they do reply). They will ask for the following so try and include it in your first contact email if possible.

cupradigitalsupport@cupraofficial.com

----------------------------------------------------------------

We are sorry to hear that you had problems using the MyCupra app. We are constantly working to improve our products.

For the further analysis of the case we would kindly ask you to provide us with such information:

- VIN number;
- Screenshots of the issue;
- myCUPRA application version;
- Phone model;
- OS version;
- Timestamp of the last time the issue occurred;
- Color of LED next to SOS button.

We apologize for inconveniences caused by this issue. We are sorry that it is having an impact on your CUPRA experience.

Thank you for the cooperation and understanding.

If you have any further questions about this, please do not answer this email, contact us at cupradigitalsupport@cupraofficial.com, or telephone: 00800 6000 40 20
Cupra Born, 77Kw, Silver, 20" Firestorm, Advance Pack, Beats, Heat Pump, Swiss Model.
daern

Post by daern »

Yup, backend is broken and has been since earlier this morning although it's a different fault this time - the authentication services are failing this time.

I assume that they are rushing to fix it as we speak...
RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

Thank you daern.

Your knowledge of the system and ability to see what is happening is so helpful.

Especially when Cupra support don’t know as much as you do and without your replies I believe many of us would be following the pointless standard instructions churned out by Cupra support.

I can now avoid all the resets and gathering of information and just wait for their tech team to return to work to fix it (probabaly on Monday morning) .

Meanwhile I will have to rely on “dumb” methods of charging as Intelligent Octopus will not be able to control the charge until the Cupra backend is fixed.
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus
phope

Post by phope »

working now for me (at time of posting) - give it a try
Cupra Born | V2 | 77kWh E-Boost | Geyser Silver | North East Scotland
RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

Yes. I too have found it to have returned in the last hour or so (after 1700UTC 4th Nov 23).

Thanks everyone for keeping this updated.
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus