Airbag Warning - after disconnecting the switch...

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

I just fitted a dashcam, very carefully done to avoid airbags and the like. Doing it I removed the dashboard side panel passenger side that holds the airbag switch. I removed this and then disconnected the switch (mistake) as it was a very short lead. Finished the install, everything tidy. When I then went to turn the car on, I get an airbag warning but no further details. I've done a bit of googling and found dashcam install vids that warn to NOT disconnect the switch for the reason I've found! :oops:

Anyone know anything to resolve it? I read in ID.3 forums that it *might* reset itself after a while, or it may need a dealer visit or OBD11 can reset it. My dealer is an hour away and I'm very tempted with OBD11 anyway. Welcome any thoughts!

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

OBD11 would be quickest and easiest, and you can do a few other tweaks. If you're near North Tyneside, I could do it.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:40 am OBD11 would be quickest and easiest, and you can do a few other tweaks. If you're near North Tyneside, I could do it.
I'm just working out the chargestops between South Somerset and you :D

Appreciate the offer though, my OBD11 is due here tomorrow but I've a feeling I'm going to have to shell out for a subscription to clear faults? I'm also quite keen to have a fiddle with settings, particularly lane assist so I may as well just suck it up. After £35k on the car, another £100 is neither here nor there :lol:
un_born

Post by un_born »

OBD11 without Sub or Paying for credits is a waste of time. Nothing more than an OBD reader.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

un_born wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:46 pm OBD11 without Sub or Paying for credits is a waste of time. Nothing more than an OBD reader.
Mine's old enough to have a lifetime pro license for long coding, no ongoing costs. OBD11 don't do that any more.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

un_born wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:46 pm OBD11 without Sub or Paying for credits is a waste of time. Nothing more than an OBD reader.
Not quite true. It arrived a day early, reads faults and resets them as part of the 'Free' package. Airbag warning now gone :)
un_born

Post by un_born »

Born2Ride wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:11 pm
Not quite true. It arrived a day early, reads faults and resets them as part of the 'Free' package. Airbag warning now gone :)
That's great news. Mine is one of the older ones, where I paid for lifetime pro. I know in those days, it wouldn't do nowt.
Liamy321

Post by Liamy321 »

Jumping on this thread instead of creating new as I have a cheeky favour to ask anyone in the Hampshire/Surrey/Berkshire area. Would somebody be free at all this week to help clear this light on an ID3 please (for a small amount of compensation of course). Had a rather unexpected bit of luck finding an ID4 GTX in stock and we haven't enough time to get an OBD11 posted before we part exchange the cars.

Mods, please feel free to delete this message/let me know if this violate any forum rules.
Get £50 account credit when you switch to Octopus energy using this link! https://share.octopus.energy/dawn-puma-140

Get £15 account credit in the Bonnet app with my code R347RK!

Cupra Born V2 58Kwh 204 PS | Aroura Blue | Skyline Pack | Tech (M) Pack
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

South Somerset, bit too far. Surely the VW garage won't mind if you have a plausible reason why the warning is on, they'll reset it in seconds?
un_born

Post by un_born »

Liamy321 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:09 pm Jumping on this thread instead of creating new as I have a cheeky favour to ask anyone in the Hampshire/Surrey/Berkshire area. Would somebody be free at all this week to help clear this light on an ID3 please (for a small amount of compensation of course). Had a rather unexpected bit of luck finding an ID4 GTX in stock and we haven't enough time to get an OBD11 posted before we part exchange the cars.

Mods, please feel free to delete this message/let me know if this violate any forum rules.
Any independent garage should have the tools to do reset.