Cupra Born Support in Home Assistant

All CUPRA Born related discussions
daern

Post by daern »

Small bug fix (0.7.1 beta) pushed to HACS. Will give this a few days and then push out more generally.

Born1978

Post by Born1978 »

I've found the HA integration really useful so thanks for all your work on this daern.

I set up this dashboard so I can see everything that I want to know all in one place.
The little images at the bottom are status dependent so only come on when plugged in or charging.

I've also set up some automations to only unlock my Hypervolt charger when Octopus Intelligent Go is off-peak. This relies on the Hypervolt and Octopus integrations as well.
With the three integrations working together you can do some pretty cool stuff.

IMG_8115.jpg

IMG_8116.jpg

Born V3
Hypervolt V3
Octopus Intelligent Go
daern

Post by daern »

Great stuff!

I'm also on Intelligent Octopus Go, but very, very rarely ever see slots outside of the normal off-peak period (23:30 -> 05:30), so probably don't make as much use of this as I could. Any tricks to unlocking more cheap-rate electricity outside of these hours?
Born1978

Post by Born1978 »

No tips there sorry, only been on it a few weeks though. I do also have an automation to message my phone when it goes off-peak during the day but so far it hasn't happened.

My main aim was to resolve the problem of the car charging immediately at peak rates once plugged in. Now it doesn't start charging until the charger is unlocked and that only happens when rates are off-peak.
So far it's all worked fine but I'm sure there will be the odd glitch.
Born V3
Hypervolt V3
Octopus Intelligent Go
born_owner

Post by born_owner »

Does anyone (@daern?) know why the Born integration takes so long to load when HA restarts? I'm not complaining, because I certainly haven't got the smarts to write anything like this nowadays, but I'm just curious as to why it's consistently an order of magnitude longer in load time than the rest of the integrations I have. Example screenshot below, although times vary massively between different reboots (but proportional size of discrepancy against other integrations remains the same). I appreciate this may also be something to do with the VW integration that the Cupra one is based on; I'm just idly pondering things and didn't know the answer! 😀

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 19.46.48.png

Born V2, 77kW, e-Boost, Vapour Grey