Due to arrive tomorrow

New to the CUPRA Born Forums? Introduce yourself here
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

Morning!

V2 e-boost due to be delivered tomorrow. In Vapor Grey. Ordered following a 2 week trial in an Aurora Blue direct from Cupra. Managed to find a stock car, so didn’t have a choice of colour etc. Happier to take a pre-built car rather than wait in the queue.

Don’t know much else about the spec of the new car - haven’t seen it yet, hope I’m in for a pleasant surprise!

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Does it have any "packs" added to spec? Most stock cars have an L-Tech pack which adds full keyless, lit door handles, auto parking.

Standard V2 spec is 19" wheels (best looking of the bunch IMO), a wireless phone charger (that works poorly), dual zone climate, seat/steering wheel heating over and above a V1 spec (were you trialling in a V1?).

Boost is a good thing to have because not only is the extra 27ps welcome, the satellite buttons on the E-boost variant of the steering wheel make it handy to switch driving modes easily and access cupra mode for full power and throttle response.
Last edited by monkeyhanger on Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

The honest answer is I don’t know!!

My trial fortnight was in a V2 direct from Cupra. Not sure that there was anything over and above a standard V2 spec.

I wasn’t necessarily looking for an E-boost, but as stock is obviously very scarce I took what I could get. Suggestion was that if I ordered to my spec it wouldn’t be with me for 12-14 months.

Once I have the chassis number I’ll try to find out what spec it has.
daern

Post by daern »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:32 pm Standard V2 spec is 19" wheels (best looking of the bunch IMO), a wireless phone charger (that works poorly), dual zone climate, seat/steering wheel heating over and above a V1 spec (were you trialling in a V1?).
I think the wireless charger is part of the tech(m) pack. Certainly, our V2 doesn't have this. The rest is there though, although you forgot to mention the free pack of Cupra-branded marshmallows to cook on the steering wheel when you have the heat turned up to full... ;-)
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

daern wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:17 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:32 pm Standard V2 spec is 19" wheels (best looking of the bunch IMO), a wireless phone charger (that works poorly), dual zone climate, seat/steering wheel heating over and above a V1 spec (were you trialling in a V1?).
I think the wireless charger is part of the tech(m) pack. Certainly, our V2 doesn't have this. The rest is there though, although you forgot to mention the free pack of Cupra-branded marshmallows to cook on the steering wheel when you have the heat turned up to full... ;-)
Could be right about the charger, our V2s came with L-tech pack, which is M-Tech pack +the self park stuff. Never tried the heated steering wheel - solution to a problem I never had. My wife doesn't like the heated seats because they make her feel like she'd peed herself (imagined - no actual point of reference)
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

Well, it’s here!

A little disappointed that the dealer decided to deliver it on trade plates - it landed with 170 miles on the clock, which isn’t a massive issue but he left it with only 3% of charge remaining. I don’t think that is very good service.

Is there a quick way of finding out which packs are fitted? Some sort of check via the chassis number possibly?

Haven’t had chance to get any photos yet, will upload a few when I get chance.
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

SteveP wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:35 pm Well, it’s here!

A little disappointed that the dealer decided to deliver it on trade plates - it landed with 170 miles on the clock, which isn’t a massive issue but he left it with only 3% of charge remaining. I don’t think that is very good service.

Is there a quick way of finding out which packs are fitted? Some sort of check via the chassis number possibly?

Haven’t had chance to get any photos yet, will upload a few when I get chance.
No paperwork ? I hope you've got a V5.
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Shahev wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:02 pm No paperwork ? I hope you've got a V5.
No, it was definitely a V3 they got... :lol:
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-July 22 - VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Blackeunos wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:18 pm
Shahev wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:02 pm No paperwork ? I hope you've got a V5.
No, it was definitely a V3 they got... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

It’s a lease car, so I don’t get the V5. When I’ve bought VW’s in the past, they list the extras on the inside page of the service book. You can then decode this on the internet.