Cold weather=not full power?

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:26 pm Maybe try Performance mode (or Cupra mode if you have an E-Boost)? I haven't been out to check, but only those 2 modes give full throttle response, so maybe you have to be in that mode to see the full bar?

Seems a throwback to ICE driving - "always let the engine fully warm up before you work it"
Could be 😂 Beginning to think I maybe do drive like a Nun after all 🤣
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE

TheBornIDentity

Post by TheBornIDentity »

Daveion wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:21 pm 20221209_121402.jpgStill on this thread and some looking back at Monkeyhangers experiences I'm not sure my batteries warm up that well. After16 miles on dual carriageways just now I still don't have a full blue shadow bar! AC was on but only 50% of the time. Haven't seen a full blue bar for a while now....
And 20 miles later still not full blue or green?
Mine has barely warmed up all week and I do about 16 miles each way. This morning was a day off though and I drove around town and did shopping and such and it was nearly fully warmed after about 11 miles.

I don’t know how clever the car is on this front but a few weeks back the car warned me when I started driving home that there was a delay on my route, opened up sat nav on its own and suggested a completely different route about 6 miles the wrong way then back up the M5. I didn’t believe it so checked google maps and it was right. There were long delays about 8 miles away on a road I wasn’t even on yet. I’ve never programmed my route home in or even told it where I live, so it’s worked this out for itself (which I have to say impressed the hell out of me).

So perhaps it’s clever enough to work out for itself when not to bother heating the battery? E.g. on my regular commute it isn’t doing it but if I got in the car now and got on the motorway it would turn on.
un_born

Post by un_born »

I done a 20ish mile journey into central London today taking around 60mins and the same journey back taking around 75mins. Neither trip showed full blue bar for me.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Nice to know I'm not alone. If this is down to 3.0 SW I am guessing VAG decided this is not harming the battery whilst squeezing out a bit more range.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE