Heated Mirrors - not working?

Faults and Technical chat for the CUPRA Born
daern

Post by daern »

Hi all,

Cupra Born V2 owner since July-ish and very pleased with the car. One thing my wife has commented to me about is that the car doesn't seem to have heated mirrors, yet according to the specs it should, but I'm yet to find a way to turn them on. As a result, when driving on cold, autumn mornings, the mirrors stay obscured by condensation until manually cleared.

Am I missing a really obvious thing here? Normally I'd expect them to come on with the heated rear or front screen, but this doesn't seem to work on our car.

Any thoughts?

daern

Post by daern »

Oh, I might have just answered my own question through that most unusual of solutions - RTFM!

5v8Ri3B.png

JGriff

Post by JGriff »

Hi, you have correctly identified the location, just twist the mirror control knob two clicks clockwise, and the heated mirror sign will illuminate, and hey presto your heated mirrors are working.
daern

Post by daern »

Thanks, much appreciated. Now I've found the button, I look forward to testing it :-)
BORN SPURS

Post by BORN SPURS »

Let us know how you get on with that. When I put mine two clicks from where you have put the red circle it folds my mirrors upwards!
daern

Post by daern »

So, had a quick look - what a daft design! It looks like you rotate the mirror adjust knob as you would normally do to select L or R before pressing it up/down/left/right to adjust the mirror. In this case, however, you rotate it an extra notch clockwise, past "R" and this lights up the heated mirror light. I am assuming that, left to its own devices, it will turn itself off after a bit so you don't need to remember to turn off yourself.

Not particularly intuitive, but now we know, it's easy enough to do.