77 V3

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Blade

Post by Blade »

Morning all,
finally picked up my Born yesterday. I pushed the boat out and have a 77 V3 with all the options.

Having come from the top of the range Mach-E, I was a tad apprehensive as to how it would feel.

First impressions:
- ride is so much better than the Mach-E
- seems to be more direct, I like the steering feel
- better integrated package
- feels more like a car

Its not as quick as the Mach-E but seems nimble enough.

160mile drive tomorrow so will see how that goes.

Glenn
Cupra Born V3 77 on the way
Tech-l DCC Heat Pump Beats

Shahev

Post by Shahev »

Blade wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:28 am Morning all,
finally picked up my Born yesterday. I pushed the boat out and have a 77 V3 with all the options.

Having come from the top of the range Mach-E, I was a tad apprehensive as to how it would feel.

First impressions:
- ride is so much better than the Mach-E
- seems to be more direct, I like the steering feel
- better integrated package
- feels more like a car

Its not as quick as the Mach-E but seems nimble enough.

160mile drive tomorrow so will see how that goes.

Glenn
Well done, nice choice.

Did you specify the Michelin Pilot Sport EV tyres?
Born 77 kw. V3. DCC Beats Heat Pump Firestorm
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

I'm still waiting for my 58 V3 and I'm also interested if you specified the Firestorm wheels to see what tyres were supplied. I'm hoping for PS4's.
Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
Ordered 21 June, 2022, delivered 17 Jan 2023
Blade

Post by Blade »

No I didnt specify any tyres. They are Continental ECO Contact 6's.

My 1st long journey was good. 154mile 3hours 20 4.0m per KWH

that was impressive.
Cupra Born V3 77 on the way
Tech-l DCC Heat Pump Beats
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

Blade wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:30 am No I didnt specify any tyres. They are Continental ECO Contact 6's.

I asked about the wheels. Do you have Firestorm or do you have the narrower (215/45) Blizzard copper) or Hurricane (silver).
I don't think you can specify tyres but I'm trying to find out what comes as default on the wider (235/35) Firestorm wheels as I believe they are a different make.

Good to see your long journey figures.
JGriff

Post by JGriff »

On the 77kWh with DCC specific Michelin Pilot Sport EV

20220902_170436.jpg

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Blade wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:30 am No I didnt specify any tyres. They are Continental ECO Contact 6's.

that was impressive.
Just to put that journey in context, what speeds were you doing? Mine will only approach 4.0 miles per kWh on warm Summer's day if sat on the motorway 70mph with marginal aircon.

In current 10C conditions, that's more like 3.4 miles per kWh on the motorway doing 70.

It always surprises me to see how many EV drivers are prepared to sit on the motorway at 60mph and jostle with the trucks to eke out a bit more efficiency.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:27 am

that was impressive.
Just to put that journey in context, what speeds were you doing? Mine will only approach 4.0 miles per kWh on warm Summer's day if sat on the motorway 70mph with marginal aircon.

In current 10C conditions, that's more like 3.4 miles per kWh on the motorway doing 70.

It always surprises me to see how many EV drivers are prepared to sit on the motorway at 60mph and jostle with the trucks to eke out a bit more efficiency.
We are all different. Even on the Motorway I return more than 4 miles/kW. In the Summer I don't use AC unless it's over 28C as that works with the windows open and the cabin air isn't as dry as a bone. In Winter a cabin temperature of 22C once ambient drop below 15C or so doesn't seem to hit range as much as AC does cooling.
And yes, I cruise along at 60mph, maybe 62mph, not to eke out efficiency but because its comfortable and a more relaxing drive. If I drove at 70 or 80mph I would arrive minutes earlier!
If I'm behind a convoy of trucks I squeeze the throttle and pass them and a minute later I'm back to 60 or so. If traffic is heavy of course your lucky to be at 60 even in the fast lane.
On windy Country lanes when I'm solo I switch to performance mode and enjoy the way the Born handles whizzing along again enjoying the drive.
With road surfaces as they are generally across the country the Born handles better in the lanes than my Z4 that tends jump about all over the place.
Just added that to dispel a Nun title 😁
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
alanjs

Post by alanjs »

JGriff wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:24 pm On the 77kWh with DCC specific Michelin Pilot Sport EV
Thanks for the info - 235/40s (I must have been thinking of my current tyres). Good to see the Michelins. It'll be great if they are standard, but with VW you never know what you're going to get!
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Daveion wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:28 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:27 am

that was impressive.

We are all different. Even on the Motorway I return more than 4 miles/kW. In the Summer I don't use AC unless it's over 28C as that works with the windows open and the cabin air isn't as dry as a bone. In Winter a cabin temperature of 22C once ambient drop below 15C or so doesn't seem to hit range as much as AC does cooling.
And yes, I cruise along at 60mph, maybe 62mph, not to eke out efficiency but because its comfortable and a more relaxing drive. If I drove at 70 or 80mph I would arrive minutes earlier!
If I'm behind a convoy of trucks I squeeze the throttle and pass them and a minute later I'm back to 60 or so. If traffic is heavy of course your lucky to be at 60 even in the fast lane.
On windy Country lanes when I'm solo I switch to performance mode and enjoy the way the Born handles whizzing along again enjoying the drive.
With road surfaces as they are generally across the country the Born handles better in the lanes than my Z4 that tends jump about all over the place.
Just added that to dispel a Nun title 😁
I use AC with recirc, set to 19C if the weather's over 22C, and would heat to 16C if it was less than 12C - if the wife or kids are in the car.

Although I could exceed 4 miles per kWh in doing 60mph on the motorway, I don't find it at all relaxing, not going with the flow. I want to be quicker than the trucks and slower than the Audi/BMW/Vauxhall company car drivers.

Once you have that efficiency in context with the speeds being travelled, it shows that these cars are incredibly consistent in what they put out. Regen masks a style of driving that would be very inefficient in an ICE car and really levels things out (I've always driven in a momentum preserving style, my wife doesn't and I'm noticeably, but not hugely more efficient than her - the difference might be mainly her using the heating more.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565