What EV charger

The place to discuss everything else..
Cliffjp

Post by Cliffjp »

I think I would call it an interface (maybe “EV charging interface “ ).

RKJM30

Post by RKJM30 »

I believe the electrical terminology is EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment).
Born V3-Tech L Heatpump
Hypervolt 2.0
Intelligent Octopus
pacajara

Post by pacajara »

Hi, I have a Born 58kw V2 and a tethered Solo 3 home charger and cant get it to charge at any more than 12mph (Apologies if this question has already been asked) I have completed multiple tests with Pod Point, more than once but no improvement with them now telling me it appears to be an incompatibility between Solo 2 home chargers and VW group vehicles. They are hoping for a software update which has been ongoing for months. Pod Point website states it should charge at up to 30 miles per hour, any thoughts or suggestions? I have tried direct charge, Cupra app charge and Pod Point schedule charge, all have the same result, Thank you.
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

I see the 12mph quite often with scheduled charging. If I stop and restart the charge from the app or unplug and reconnect the car it resumes at full speed (26-28mph).

As you say Pod Point see this as an incompatibility issue with VAG cars, they’ve been working on it with VAG for many months now.

PS. I use the same charger, scheduled, with our Mini, no issues.
pacajara

Post by pacajara »

Wow, thank you so much for your very quick reply, I will try that in the morning, when you say restart the charge from the app, is that the Pod Point app or the Cupra app, thank you. That aside, I love my Born.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

pacajara wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:21 pm Hi, I have a Born 58kw V2 and a tethered Solo 3 home charger and cant get it to charge at any more than 12mph (Apologies if this question has already been asked) I have completed multiple tests with Pod Point, more than once but no improvement with them now telling me it appears to be an incompatibility between Solo 2 home chargers and VW group vehicles. They are hoping for a software update which has been ongoing for months. Pod Point website states it should charge at up to 30 miles per hour, any thoughts or suggestions? I have tried direct charge, Cupra app charge and Pod Point schedule charge, all have the same result, Thank you.
I have a Solo and had a similar problem recently following PodPoint changing a faulty PCB.
This was an Intermittent slow charge. Some nights it would charge at 30 mph and then maybe 3 nights on the trot at 12 mph. They changed the PCB again and disabled the Fuse Protection transformer in my meter cupboard and it's been fine since. I'm not over the moon about the fix and have queried disabling the Fuse Protection device but not yet had a clear response from them.
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
pacajara

Post by pacajara »

Hello again, I just tried the restart the charge from the app and unplug and reconnect the car and now peaked at 16mph but dropped straight back to 7mph charging speed (I give up) but will try again in the morning. Finding it difficult to accept the incompatibility between Pod Point home chargers and VAG vehicles when all Pod Point public chargers are in conjunction with VW?
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

pacajara wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:55 pm Hello again, I just tried the restart the charge from the app and unplug and reconnect the car and now peaked at 16mph but dropped straight back to 7mph charging speed (I give up) but will try again in the morning. Finding it difficult to accept the incompatibility between Pod Point home chargers and VAG vehicles when all Pod Point public chargers are in conjunction with VW?
I don't buy the incompatibility thing!
There are a few threads of owners having charging issues with various manufacturers so think it's just an issue with the odd charger like I experienced and your problem now. I find Pod Point really helpful and keen to resolve problems.
Is it escalated to their technical team?
Born V2-Tech L collected June 22
BMW Z4 e89 sDrive30i Highline
BMW Z4 e85 3.0i SE
Deleted User 490

Post by Deleted User 490 »

pacajara wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:30 pm Wow, thank you so much for your very quick reply, I will try that in the morning, when you say restart the charge from the app, is that the Pod Point app or the Cupra app, thank you. That aside, I love my Born.
Stop and restart the app from the My Cupra app est s what I meant.
pacajara

Post by pacajara »

Good morning, this has now been escalated to the Pod Point technical team for the second time but they still insist that it is an incompatibility issue and that they are working on a software update. Fingers crossed they will get one soon as this has been going on for 8 months now. I will also keep trying the stop and restart from the Cupra app. Thank you for all replies so far.