First reasonoble length drive.... Hmm

All CUPRA Born related discussions
Deleted User 456

Post by Deleted User 456 »

I'll wire one in. How stupid I'll just stick a strip of LEDs across the top with a sensor of some sort.

I should add that I am working on a small PCB that will use a single thin fibre-optic cable to detect the colour of the RGB's in the door panels (I don't think there are RGB anywhere else are there?).
This will deduce the current colour and output an RGB signal so that you can add some more if you want to elsewhere in the car (or maybe outside the car!).

I am also playing with some laser cut illuminated door guards. Not sure how they will pan out, but hey... worth tiddling with.

Elea4

Post by Elea4 »

Stevolution wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:58 pm I'll wire one in. How stupid I'll just stick a strip of LEDs across the top with a sensor of some sort.

I should add that I am working on a small PCB that will use a single thin fibre-optic cable to detect the colour of the RGB's in the door panels (I don't think there are RGB anywhere else are there?).
This will deduce the current colour and output an RGB signal so that you can add some more if you want to elsewhere in the car (or maybe outside the car!).

I am also playing with some laser cut illuminated door guards. Not sure how they will pan out, but hey... worth tiddling with.
Oh man, you don't need to do that!

Just tap the individual RGB signals from the LED driver located in the centre console - like this guy is planning:

https://www.born-forum.de/forum/thread/ ... #post30433

He's going to connect it to an RGB amplifier like this:

"UltraBright Super Mini DC 5/12/24V 12A Amplifier SMD RGB LED "
Deleted User 456

There are RGB in the cup holder. Easier to get at.
I prefer my 'no contact' warranty voiding method!

Today's discoveries. FOG = no automatic dimming headlights (they just stay on) and the headlights themselves? Hmm, not all that great if I am honest.
LouisH

Post by LouisH »

Did my first long drive this week from the dealership to home, took it pretty easily in V3 58kwh - averaged 4kw/h.

This was driving in the low-mid 60s in "range" mode, helped by heavy traffic on M25 and roadworks on M6, but overall average speed was OK at 50 mph for the journey.

Stopped at Hilton Park services (arrived in the dark) for a quick topup (what an absolute dump that place is) but there were 3 CCS chargers free which of course were not illuminated and no signage (I could see) to show where they actually were !!!

The problem was I couldn't see that there were two contactless pads (one for general and one for members) and couldn't understand why the charger wasn't taking payment. Fortunately, there was a guy charging his Leaf nearby, and with his help (much appreciated) finally got it to work and charged up sufficiently to get home with 50 miles in hand ๐Ÿ˜.

Now don't get me started on trying to use the infotainment system and touch buttons in the dark in an unfamiliar car with that bloody lane assist going off every few miles !!!

I do really like the car but Cupra do need to sort out the software + retrofit proper buttons ๐Ÿ˜‚.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Best thing to do is get that lane assist switched off ASAP.
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
2023 Audi S3 - to avoid rapid charging on long journeys.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 456

Big software update on the way to work this morning. Not sure what that fixed or broke, but I had to pull over twice and let the system reboot which was annoying (whole screen greyed out and told me it could not continue with the update while I was driving).

I by default now get in at 5.45am for work, unplug the charger, wait a stupid length of time for the system to boot with my hand hovering over the screen ready to press OK , change the steering wheel hand branding setting to 1, switch on the seat heater to 1, turn off the lane assist (otherwise known as the steering botherer), return back to the cars radio page after Android auto insists on changing everything, drive off.

Stop at the bottom of the hill and close the charger socket flap.

Proceed.

Oh, and the inbuilt sat-nav had a moment today trying it's best to get me to drive down one way streets the wrong way. Gotta love tech
Deleted User 456

So, another long drive today. I do love this car.

But, come 2/3 yrs time when it's time to upgrade, unless they have significantly changed the touchscreen, I wouldn't get another Born (or anything else with this system).

I know my way around it now, but it's horrible and laggy as hell.
Android auto on my Galaxy S22 is so laggy it's almost unusable sometimes. Works fine in my missus Mini.

You sometimes have to mash track forward half a dozen times before it does it.

The system also takes (in my mind) an unacceptably long time to fire up.

But, maybe they will realise that touchscreens are not the future, at least in this format
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

You'll have a choice of a tiny pool of new cars in 3 or 5 years that don't have a touch screen, they're all going that way. I prefer the old Audi jog wheel and confirm/back buttons to navigate the screen.

Deleted User 456

I'd like to see a selection of shortcut buttons maybe laid out that you can allocate functions to.

You can get some very nice (but currently expensive) push buttons that have a fully configurable Oled screen on.
Would be great to be able to allocate your own buttons in your own colour scheme.

Hmm... I foresee a future project

L0pVvC0.png

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I'm pretty sure you can allocate shortcuts - never done it myself.