First reasonoble length drive.... Hmm

All CUPRA Born related discussions
User avatar
Stevolution
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:21 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Post by Stevolution » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:59 am

Yea. Won't be using the parking thing I doubt.

Reversing dipping mirrors? Selected in the exterior functions, but they don't tip down in reverse? Ideas?

And how the heck do you get leaves out from behind the front grille.... :shock:

20221104_105239.jpg

Jesus Christ :shock: , that's a Cupra Born...

alanjs
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by alanjs » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:49 pm

Stevolution wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:59 am

Reversing dipping mirrors? Selected in the exterior functions, but they don't tip down in reverse? Ideas?
Have you set up the mirror (passenger side only) Instructions are on page 124 of the copy of the manual that I have.
And have you set the mirror control panel switch to "R". (That's what the manual says, but on my Golf, you need to set the control to "L", so you may need to try both)
Note that I don't have the car yet so I can only go by what the manual says.
Whether the car will remember or forget the settings is anybody's guess!
On order: Born V3, Aurora Blue, Tech (M) pack, Firestorm wheels, Pano roof
week 41 Code 20 (October 10 2022)
week 45 still waiting for update.
week 46 Code 30: in transit from factory

monkeyhanger
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 8:12 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:23 pm

Stevolution wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:59 am
Yea. Won't be using the parking thing I doubt.

Reversing dipping mirrors? Selected in the exterior functions, but they don't tip down in reverse? Ideas?

And how the heck do you get leaves out from behind the front grille.... :shock:
Do you mean you've selected mirrors to dip in the car settings (page 2 of the graphical image of the car on exterior settings)?

You also have to select "L" on the little toggle wheel on the drivers door for mirror functions, 1 click anti clockwise and "L" will illuminate. Unfortunately the car will only remember the toggle switch setting for that journey, so you have to select "L" every journey to get your mirrors to dip - my biggest annoyance with the car. The ID3 has the same foibles. Add to that, every 1 - 2 weeks, the car seems to forget its exterior settings in the menu so you have to select again - both our Cupras do this. Stupid little issues that should be resolved by VAG easily enough.
2022 V2 E-Boost, L-Tech Pack - Glacial White
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

User avatar
Stevolution
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:21 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Post by Stevolution » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:29 pm

Yea. I have taught it the reversing settings. Seems to have forgotten them or something is not quite right.
Not a deal breaker. Add it to my list of 'software update issues please'

Just trying to add my tracker and front camera. OMG, this thing is buttoned up tight dude
Jesus Christ :shock: , that's a Cupra Born...

User avatar
Stevolution
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:21 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Post by Stevolution » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:33 pm

OK. Lets have another go!

Approx 200 miles trip today to London (I don't normally do many longish trips)

Charged to 90% last night and Mr Cupra guessed at 252 miles . How you are ever suppose to get to the manufacturers stated 335 miles on a full charge..... total BS (I knew that before I bought it).
Don't tell me that last 10% adds 83 miles.

11.5 deg. Quite of a lot of M4 and M25.

Set cruise control to 60mph. 94 miles later, we are at 60% with a guess of 177 miles range.

Got home plus a few extra miles (so 201 all told) with 28% battery and 97 mile range. It was actually a warmer evening at 14 deg.

Yea... OK

Auto-dipping headlight worked quite well except for a few moments on some roundabouts where they didn't dip.

Totally forgot all the interior lighting settings twice. Given up with that.

Auto-cruise works well most of the time. Had a few hiccups, but on the whole pretty decent (so why is it so hard to remember an LED colour)

Heated steering wheel could cook an egg. Level 2 is more than enough.

Oh, and the touch door handles don't work when it's raining a reasonable amount.

Back to commuting tomorrow
Jesus Christ :shock: , that's a Cupra Born...

monkeyhanger
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 8:12 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:06 pm

Stevolution wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:33 pm
OK. Lets have another go!

Approx 200 miles trip today to London (I don't normally do many longish trips)

Charged to 90% last night and Mr Cupra guessed at 252 miles . How you are ever suppose to get to the manufacturers stated 335 miles on a full charge..... total BS (I knew that before I bought it).
Don't tell me that last 10% adds 83 miles.

11.5 deg. Quite of a lot of M4 and M25.

Set cruise control to 60mph. 94 miles later, we are at 60% with a guess of 177 miles range.

Got home plus a few extra miles (so 201 all told) with 28% battery and 97 mile range. It was actually a warmer evening at 14 deg.

Yea... OK

Auto-dipping headlight worked quite well except for a few moments on some roundabouts where they didn't dip.

Totally forgot all the interior lighting settings twice. Given up with that.

Auto-cruise works well most of the time. Had a few hiccups, but on the whole pretty decent (so why is it so hard to remember an LED colour)

Heated steering wheel could cook an egg. Level 2 is more than enough.

Oh, and the touch door handles don't work when it's raining a reasonable amount.

Back to commuting tomorrow
I always found the keyless entry on our ID3 Family extremely flaky, with a very low rate of success in locking, and slightly better in opening. If a thumb on the sensor doesn't work, I've had far better success with using the back of my hand since changing to the Born - seems there is a "technique" to it.

Your 335 miles (and my 262 miles) range is based on WLTP test cycles, as per all those "79mpg" 1.0 ICE cars tgat only manage 55mpg. Its a simulated route tgat is only there as a standardised comparator with other cars. Do 60mph on the motorway, on a hot summers day and you'll get your 335 miles if you run it from 100% to 0%. Same thing with the ICE car.

At 73mph on the motorway, on a reasonably warm day, I would get about 220 miles if I ran it dry (3.8miles per kWh). Sat at 60, more like 4.5 miles per kWh (261 miles).

Almost 300 miles between travelled and remaining range at 12C, and mainly 60mph cruising, I think uiu've done alright. Do that same journey at 20-25C in the Summer, at 60mph, and I'm sure you'll surpass that WLTP range. If you're going on a long journey, why not charge to 100% the night before, so you can enjoy the car rather than having to drive like a nun?
2022 V2 E-Boost, L-Tech Pack - Glacial White
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

monkeyhanger
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 8:12 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:01 am

Stevolution wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:59 am
Yea. Won't be using the parking thing I doubt.

Reversing dipping mirrors? Selected in the exterior functions, but they don't tip down in reverse? Ideas?

And how the heck do you get leaves out from behind the front grille.... :shock:
My radiator / heat exchanger looks set back a lot further from the front grille than yours.
2022 V2 E-Boost, L-Tech Pack - Glacial White
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

User avatar
Stevolution
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:21 pm
Location: Wiltshire

Post by Stevolution » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:25 pm

OK. So the touch door handles don't like the rain and the auto-dip headlights cannot handle a decent downpour... flashing all over the shop this morning in the heavy rain.

Also, got in it tonight and the Nav + entertainment icons didn't work. Had to pull over, lock the doors and unlock again to 'reboot' and get them back.

Yea... this tech just ain't there yet.

Also. every day I press 'OK' to accept new updates for the owner/profile. Doesn't seem to do zip.
Jesus Christ :shock: , that's a Cupra Born...

monkeyhanger
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 8:12 pm

Post by monkeyhanger » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:35 am

Stevolution wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:25 pm
OK. So the touch door handles don't like the rain and the auto-dip headlights cannot handle a decent downpour... flashing all over the shop this morning in the heavy rain.

Also, got in it tonight and the Nav + entertainment icons didn't work. Had to pull over, lock the doors and unlock again to 'reboot' and get them back.

Yea... this tech just ain't there yet.

Also. every day I press 'OK' to accept new updates for the owner/profile. Doesn't seem to do zip.
Haven't had your most recent issues of nav and entertainment icons not working on either of our Borns. Using the back of my hand usually works to open the car, rain or not. All the new updates seem to do for me is alter the climate/temp settings to something I didn't want.
2022 V2 E-Boost, L-Tech Pack - Glacial White
2022 V2 E-Boost L-Tech Pack - Aurora Blue
Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

BORN AGAIN
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by BORN AGAIN » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:22 pm

Hi guys and gals.

I too did my first long journey over the weekend, Chessington to Cheltenham, M25, M40, A40 round trip 220 miles, I did not charge the car during the round trip - I have v2 with 77kw battery week 51.

Charged to 100% before leaving home and was very pleased with the range at the end of the day, this being after, that initial range anxiety, that you get on a first long drive.

Driving sensibly on the motorways in D mode at 58-60mph and 45-50 on the A40, switching air con/ heating on and off when needed on the.outward journey to conserve the range, Same speeds and roads on return journey, but kept the heating set on AUTO one dot for the full return journey as it was 7pm and getting chilly.

No need to have worried at all about range, and I would not fear doing a long drive again without charging - below is what I achieved.
Left home with 100% charge covered 220 miles on the round trip arrived back home with 35% charge left and 114 miles of range.
You may look at those figures and think, thats impossible, but. I will tell you it's true!

Everything worked as it should do and no problems with any of the tech on board.

I love this car it even slows itself to a near stop with just D engaged ,which seems to give more or less the same regen as when in B mode. it's got all the oomph you need when you fancy some fun and, it's really comfortable. My grandson is a tecnician at Ford and he rates it better than the Mach e for ride and comfort and daily running size.

There maybe some gremlins to come but if they can be fixed under warranty - who cares.
Hope you found this interesting and informative

PS Stopped at Oxford Welcome Break on way home for some food and as it was first trip thought I would have a look at the Gridserve chargers to see what they looked like and for future reference. Now this is worrying, there are two chargers, and one was completely dead. I spoke to the guy on the one that worked, and he was telling me, that he had waited 50 minutes to get on it and there was another chap waiting behind him. There are also 20 Tesla chargers at this services, all were in use and there were Tesla's waiting to use them as well! Tesla are well catered for in that dept.

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post